Feature requests & issues

Elecam

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have been searching for an official dahua forum or feature request Page but have had no luck. So I figured I'd post something here to get others thoughts on some ideas and issues I've come across using dahua systems.

So my experience with dahua has been good overall, but the android DMSS app is still so extremely buggy and I'm finding myself constantly having issues with it. Even SmartPSS is no better with its stability and I find myself constantly having to restart both or even be able get reliable playback when I need it in a hurry.

I think dahua should spend more time making these more stable to enhance the overall experience rather than focusing entirely on minor advancements in cameras

I also feel that the tioc system is great, but I still haven't found it to be usable in a way that is sustainable every day. Even a simple addition like a mobile widget button for one tap arm/disarm that you can put on your phones home screen for instant access, or some form of automatic disarm when a defined device connects to Wi-Fi or something. This would greatly improve the usability of the system.

A final request would be to have a tioc or AI camera with a form of facial recognition that you could add each known client's face into the database so they don't trigger the SMD or active deterrence. This would greatly reduce nuisance push notifications as I still haven't been able to get the anti-dithering function working correctly.

I have also had limited success on updating devices, mostly the PTZ's I installed recently with knowing there's an available update but the nvr saying it's already up to date, forcing me to go through the manual update process.

Has anyone else found these to be a limiting factor in recommending dahua or some of its products?

Apologies for the long post, it's juts a few items that have been frustrating me for some time.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
This forum has no affiliation with Dahua. Andy, EmpireTechAndy, is a vendor who does have connections with Dahua but that is limited to camera sourcing and firmware updates and customizations.

Most of the users here use either an NVR or VMS, Blue Iris specifically, so the Dahua apps don't get a lot of attention as a result. I tried it once and found it far too limiting especially compared to Blue Iris.

Last edited: