Female Trespasser at 3AM

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've found with a baseball bat in hand coming storming out of nowhere and yelling 'better start running punk' usually results in them shitting them selves for a few moments before they burn rubber and gtfo of dodge.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's the great thing about the sound of a racking shotgun... It translates perfectly into any language. It is the universal signal to GTFO. It's usually accompanied by a "Sorry, wrong house" from the receiving end.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My fav: the sudden appearance of a bright, green or red laser pinpoint on your chest and you don't have a clue where its' coming from......LOL

I have a green laser on my Henry varmint rifle (mostly armadillos) and a red laser on my Core15 AR-15 2-legged varmint rifle.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My fav: the sudden appearance of a bright, green or red laser pinpoint on your chest and you don't have a clue where its' coming from......LOL

I have a green laser on my Henry varmint rifle (mostly armadillos) and a red laser on my Core15 AR-15 2-legged varmint rifle.
AR has a streamlight rail mount 2 to blind them, and an eotech holo sight with the flip out 3x magnifier. :D

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Not to hijack, but @TonyR, how do you like your Core15? I've had mine for about a year and made the mistake of buying a ton of the polymer-coated steel cased .223 ammo. I checked with Core first and they said, "Some of our rifles eat them all day long, while others may require additional lube". I guess was just unlucky because after the 2nd or 3rd round, the casing would get stuck in the breach. The said I should just soak everything with lube, but that's not my idea of fun.

What drew me to Core was their lifetime warranty on all parts. The guy said that steel casings would wear out the extractor bolt faster, but if it did, I should just call them and they'd send me another one for free. Seems like good service. Ended up selling about 4k rounds of the .223 ammo on guntrader. Lost about 20%, so not a complete failure. The guy who bought it reported back that his AR had no issues (go figure).

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but @TonyR, how do you like your Core15? I've had mine for about a year and made the mistake of buying a ton of the polymer-coated steel cased .223 ammo. I checked with Core first and they said, "Some of our rifles eat them all day long, while others may require additional lube". I guess was just unlucky because after the 2nd or 3rd round, the casing would get stuck in the breach. The said I should just soak everything with lube, but that's not my idea of fun.

What drew me to Core was their lifetime warranty on all parts. The guy said that steel casings would wear out the extractor bolt faster, but if it did, I should just call them and they'd send me another one for free. Seems like good service. Ended up selling about 4k rounds of the .223 ammo on guntrader. Lost about 20%, so not a complete failure. The guy who bought it reported back that his AR had no issues (go figure).
The cases get stuck because of the shit they coat them with, it heats up and people don't elect the round so it cools and sticks in the chamber. Steel ammo is not good for any gun, people who use it are cheap, or have cheap guns they don't care about, I won't use steel ammo in anything. Other people can do what they want. I looked at core first because of the warranty and their shop is a two hour drive but decided to go with a Daniel defense and I love it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Love my Core 15. No probs to date with nothing but brass (PMC, Federal, about 400 rnds total., all FMJ 55 gr target loads). Stayed away from steel under advice from others. When I first got it Dec. 2015, read up a lot on ammo, accessories, cleaning, etc. as I had never owned one and I recall LOTS of owners had issues with coated non-brass.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Love my Core 15. No probs to date with nothing but brass (PMC, Federal, about 400 rnds total., all FMJ 55 gr target loads). Stayed away from steel under advice from others. When I first got it Dec. 2015, read up a lot on ammo, accessories, cleaning, etc. as I had never owned one and I recall LOTS of owners had issues with coated non-brass.
Can you shoot it? Sure, all day long, just make sure you don't leave a round in the hot chamber and know you are wearing stuff out faster, if you accept all that, go for it. If you have a cheap m&p sport for practice go for it, in the shit hits the fan self defense gun, no way.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you shoot it? Sure, all day long, just make sure you don't leave spent round in the chamber and know you are wearing stuff out faster, if you accept all that, go for it. If you have a cheap m&p sport for practice go for it, in the shit hits the fan self defense gun, no way.
And those 4k rounds of Wolf were just that - plinking and range. The steel is good/bad debate is pages long on other forums. Some swear by it, others immediately poo-poo it. My TEOTWAWKI ammo is all Federal brass. I just jumped at the bulk purchase of steel when I found a blowout price. I should have done tests first.

The only way a spent round stays in the chamber is if it fails to eject... which it did because it was stuck. It wasn't rapid fire, but maybe 2 seconds between pulls to set sights. After the 4th or 5th round, it went bang, but the casing was stuck. Plenty of YT videos showing both success and failure with the steel. I gambled, and I lost. I won't buy them again (for the Core15), but I wouldn't poo-poo someone else who has a rifle that fires them w/o issue. It's good, cheap training stuff.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
And those 4k rounds of Wolf were just that - plinking and range. The steel is good/bad debate is pages long on other forums. Some swear by it, others immediately poo-poo it. My TEOTWAWKI ammo is all Federal brass. I just jumped at the bulk purchase of steel when I found a blowout price. I should have done tests first.

The only way a spent round stays in the chamber is if it fails to eject... which it did because it was stuck. It wasn't rapid fire, but maybe 2 seconds between pulls to set sights. After the 4th or 5th round, it went bang, but the casing was stuck. Plenty of YT videos showing both success and failure with the steel. I gambled, and I lost. I won't buy them again (for the Core15), but I wouldn't poo-poo someone else who has a rifle that fires them w/o issue. It's good, cheap training stuff.
It is cheap, that's for sure.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This turned out to be a crazy early Sunday morning. It started a little after midnight, with a suspicious truck pulling up in front of our car. I will probably post that video later. After about twenty minutes or so the truck left but came back and parked in the same spot a little after 3AM. That's why the female didn't pee in the street like all the others, as there were a group a people in the street in front of our car. Here is a screen shot from one the camera captures that occurred a little later. The capture is from one of my 2 Huisun 10X PTZ cameras that are located above the garage, so the time stamp is off by an hour (it's actually 3:25AM as the Huisun cameras don't properly switch for daylight savings time). I counted 17 people in the image (18 if you include our neighbor looking out from behind the curtains in the window). I did capture the license plate of the truck with my other Huisun camera).

View attachment 16226
Regarding this photo I posted, I believe I figured out what caused this group of people to be gathered around that truck. There was a brief scuffle in front of the truck. It looks like someone was grabbed and pushed into the truck. I'll be posting another video in the Suspicious Activity thread later this afternoon.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you shoot it? Sure, all day long, just make sure you don't leave a round in the hot chamber and know you are wearing stuff out faster, if you accept all that, go for it. If you have a cheap m&p sport for practice go for it, in the shit hits the fan self defense gun, no way.
Did not try to shoot coated steel.
Bought the wife a S&W M&P15 .22 Sport this past Christmas...what a blast to shoot! Cheap, too!