Finished my CCTV install on my new house today.

goodolick

n3wb
Reaction score
Won't that get quite warm if the fridge back is close to the NVR?
Usually the fridge heat exchanger is on the back. It can get quite hot.
Its a smaller apartment style fridge. The compressor and heat exchanger are below where the NVR is mounted.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to be kidding me. That is only about a million times tidier than mine.

This is a couple years ago but not a lot has changed.

Outdoors is even worse :D More than half the cams are supplied by cables I just hung under the eaves. Added wire looms later in the most sunlight-exposed parts, to help prevent UV from degrading the cable jackets.

Looks like I really need to clean my dome PTZ.

WOW that would drive me loony toons
Nothing but a power cord for me :O) I really made no attempt to hide it to be honest if someone manages to get in the house, fend off the two dogs and get to the third floor while I'm not home then they earned it. Tho the chances are unlikely they will get past the stairs of the door if I'm home well then I hope they were having pleasant thoughts prior to the boom.

Attachments

Last edited:

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice install!

Should be okay mounted back out of the elements like that. @nayr did a review awhile ago of his and has posted a good amount of video from it as well over the last year. He's never had any issues being mounted outdoors and with Colorado winters at that.
Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)
Mine has been outdoors mounted under the eaves for about a year and I'm in northern IL. It's been through 100+ humid days as well as -20 temps. Actually got mine from @EMPIRETECANDY before he became famous lol.

There's another member that has one mounted outdoors completely exposed. The picture posted even had snow and ice if I remember correctly. I'm actually curious how it's holding up.

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
Nicely done OP. You have me thinking on Dahua cams. Have some Axis coming my way...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi goodolick

Looks really nice.

Q: Where did you find that 2 gang keystone jack plate?

I picked up a couple of 2 gang ones for Newegg, but they were decora style and I was unable to put cat6 keystones in all the locations.

Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah.. ok, I see the difference... not a 2 gang, but I see more spacing here: Wall Plate for Keystone, 6 Hole - White - Monoprice.com So this one is NOT a decora I assume? Would be nice if Monoprice mentioned it in the description for the 2 gang one.
Yes, that one worked well for me.

You have to look closer at the reviews and you'll see the issue presented.

They really should drop that 2-gang product imho.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice! Hope that all keeps working well for you! That mini ptz- will that hold up outdoors?
Like has already been mentioned, nayr has had one mounted outside for a long time with no issues, but I think he sealed up the top of his with silicone. I don't have one but it seems to me that the parts you see aren't the issue, it's the stuff at the top but as long as you can keep that dry you're good to go.

And to the OP, good job. Just pay attention to the night quality of your video and add lighting (external IR is fine) where it's needed and speed up the exposure time and tweak other settings until faces of walking test subjects are fairly crisp and clean. If it makes your lawn look better then you're probably tweaking the wrong way.

You might also want to add more cams. If it were mine I'd put a 4mm down low at the front door, maybe a 12mm mounted on the house shooting out the front driveway, and something on or in the back shed. My back shed has 4 mounted on it so maybe I'm not the best model of restraint to follow though... :)

Reaction score
You have to be kidding me. That is only about a million times tidier than mine.

This is a couple years ago but not a lot has changed.

Outdoors is even worse :D More than half the cams are supplied by cables I just hung under the eaves. Added wire looms later in the most sunlight-exposed parts, to help prevent UV from degrading the cable jackets.

Looks like I really need to clean my dome PTZ.
Hey bp2008, is that a NVR in your garage? How is it holding up. I was advised against NVRs in the garage due to summer heat and condensation

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very nice, I noticed that PTZ is indoor rated lacking an IP (Ingress Protection) rating from dahua in their data sheet.
I hear other members aren't having any issues mounted under eaves/soffits though so that's good.

Looks great and sometimes you can't stick that door cam in the perfect spot, itll be okay.

Compliments on the details as well, looks nice and tidy.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WOW that would drive me loony toons
Nothing but a power cord for me :O) I really made no attempt to hide it to be honest if someone manages to get in the house, fend off the two dogs and get to the third floor while I'm not home then they earned it. Tho the chances are unlikely they will get past the stairs of the door if I'm home well then I hope they were having pleasant thoughts prior to the boom.
Nice. I just received that same rackmount power strip today from amazon and a rackmount shelf too. Should tidy things up nicely.