Firmware 5.3.0 for IPC 2xx2 and 2xx0

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1- Disable Web component, I received a message " Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser then installing the plug-in"
2- I completed installation without error.

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just did Clrt + Shift + Del then clear everything but still not work.

hugo_2

n3wb
Reaction score
Update : I've used a turn around solution thats works for me <=> I've updated my camera with 5.3 chinese version AND I use the Batch configuration tool (from Hikvision Tools v1.2.1.1 build 140711) to configure my IPCAM with an english interface :p

For the moment, I've only see that The "Batch configuration tool" do not permits to configure the line crossing detection. Otherwise, all the other configurations looks to be accessible.
Nevertheless, even if it's not easy, the Line crossing detection can be cnfigured using the the web interface ... in chinese :-}

Keep testing.

bonti

n3wb
Reaction score
Normally a firmware upgrade should be a step forward. Hikvision, as the world's no.1 ip surveillance seller, SHOULD DO a better job in their firmware.Until the latest firmwares you cannot test the FTP server, cannot choose a custom folder where camera uploads snapshots, make samba NAS to work is almost impossible task,even upload a snapshot when camera detects motion requires searches and tutorials (trigger channel,event-triggered snapshot).So a firmware upgrade is the only hope that all problems will gone. They don't . For me the main job of an IP camera is to capture snapshots/clips when detects motion.Well , on my DS-2CD2632F-I running now 5.3.0 firmware ,when camera detects motion sends a snapshot when event occurs (for ex 17.00.00 ) then send another snapshots after 3-5 seconds (ex.17.00.03 17.00.04 17.00.05). No matter what you set on snapshot parameters (interval,capture numbers).So there is a gap of few seconds exactly after motion was triggered, the later snapshots are useless for me.Another issue, on 5.1.3 fw camera respond to take a snapshot on http:// ip adress/onvif/snapshot but not on 5.2.0 or 5.3.0 fw.Means is not onvif compatible anymore? Luckilly responds on http:// ip adress/Streaming/channels/1/picture . How difficult is to make those simple tasks working on a modern camera from "the biggest R&D team from surveillance industry" ????

Last edited by a moderator:

jbaugh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two Hikvision cameras. The newest one has firmware 5.2.3. The Line Crossing Detection only allows me to draw one line. Otherwise everything I want to do seems to work. The older camera has firmware 5.1.6. I am able to draw mutliple lines for Line Crossing Detection. I see there is a controversy about upgrading to firmware 3.0. What is the consensus here for the best firmware to be using on these cameras? The only firmware I see for this series of cameras on the Hikvision site is version 5.3. How does one obtain older versions? Thanks.
John

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
go fishing and leave the firmware alone. forum is full of bricked cameras. why update? grass greener with the next firmware? 5.1.6 is good enough.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Leave your 5.1.6 as it is, you won't get anything better firmware functionality than that from 2cd2xxx camera.
what I would do is downgrade the 5.2.3 to match the 5.1.6

All firmware is on the Hikvision europe potal, except the 5.1.6 that they removed, ( but still in the forum )

sfryer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Yesterday I pas from 5.2 to 5.3 and I cannot connect to my NAS anymore using SMB/CIFS. It was working fine just befor the upgrade.
My problem kinda look what explain in there with info.bin.
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-54.html

Do anybody had this problem? Do you have the string for 5.3 ?

Thanks!

sfryer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I finally was able to get my NAS working with 5.3 by simply reformatting the NAS so the test at firmware reconnection passed:

"When the firmware tries to reconnect to the NFS share, it assumes that the full drive capacity (not the free space) reported by the NFS server can be fully utilized."

barkster

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone send me direct link to the firmware Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.3.0 150513 (2XX2)(New) it wants me to log in and I created an account and confirmed the email address but it keeps saying my login is invalid.

pdatskos

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the DS-2CD2412F-IW and after the firmware upgrade I cannot log in the camera and I get:
"Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib"
Does anybody know ow I can access the camera?

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
pdatshos why did you upgrade the firmware? is it not posted to not update the firmware in many posts on this forum if you got Chinese hik cameras? Oh, wait, ONE POST. Start reading and hope after spending hours of time you can get it back working. Next step, READ FIRST, then post. Help the next guy not update their Chinese hik cameras.

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
pdatshos why did you upgrade the firmware? is it not posted to not update the firmware in many posts on this forum if you got Chinese hik cameras? Oh, wait, ONE POST. Start reading and hope after spending hours of time you can get it back working. Next step, READ FIRST, then post. Help the next guy not update their Chinese hik cameras.
If you're a real man then you should know that men never reads the manual or instructions. That's why most of the post is about wrong firmware updates here... So please help by posting links to the right thread instead of being rude.

pdatskos

n3wb
Reaction score
I know it was a mistake to upgrade. Is there anything I can do now to fix it?
I read in the previous posts that folks loaded a new firmware. Since I cannot talk to the cam how go I do I load a new firmware?

HoLeeShiet

n3wb
Reaction score
Only thing you can do is try the TFTP way with a working firmware (5.1.6 seems to work all the time). And never ever upgrade via webpage again. Let us know if it work.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdatskos

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!! Understood. I will avoid upgrading via webpage in the future.
I will download TPTP and use firmware 5.1.6. I appreciate your help.