Firmware for Dahua ipc-hdbw5421e-z

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I recently bought 6 of the Dahua ipc-hdbw5421e-z and am a bit intrigued about the whole Dahua firmware thing. From what I have read so far you need to either contact Dahua directly for firmware via a web form and hope they respond (which I did, and they haven't after a couple of months) or scour the internet for firmware links.

My current specs are as follows:

Device Type IPC-HDBW5421E-Z
Software Version 2.400.0000.10.R, build : 2015-06-18
WEB Version 3.2.1.277266
ONVIF Version 2.4.1

Can anybody in the forum please confirm if they have a later Dahua firmware for this model?

Thanks and regards
DS

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you having any specific problems with the cameras? why are you seeking firmware?

Dahua provides no firmware, or support for that matter, directly; only the seller you bought the camera from can do that..

Reaction score
Hi Nayr

Thanks for the rapid response. I am not having specific issues with the cameras - I like to have things right up to date when they are new if I can then commit and stabilise on a version once things bed down. I did notice some IVS features in the documentation which were missing from my Camera settings (I only have abandoned/missing or scene change tabs) and presumed they were firmware related or not applicable to my camera model for some reason. I will contact my reseller locally if there is no easy way to self serve online.

Regards
DS

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart Features (IVS) are Optional, did your cameras come with Audio and Alarm IO? Was it advertised with those features included or did it also say optional? Firmware is unlikely to help this.. Most of the models its optional on you have to check to make sure its included before buying, but more often than not its only available on models with Audio/Alarm.

One should never apply firmware, unless one knows it will specifically fix a problem they are having.. otherwise even attempting to update firmware could turn a perfectly good working camera into perfectly good paper weight.. I dont know of any recovery process for Dahua's, once you brick em.. they remain bricks.

Ive yet to perform a firmware upgrade on any of my cameras, they all worked out of the box as expected.. as they say, if its not broken... dont fix it.

danithai

n3wb
Reaction score
Smart Features (IVS) are Optional, did your cameras come with Audio and Alarm IO? Was it advertised with those features included or did it also say optional? Firmware is unlikely to help this.. Most of the models its optional on you have to check to make sure its included before buying, but more often than not its only available on models with Audio/Alarm.

One should never apply firmware, unless one knows it will specifically fix a problem they are having.. otherwise even attempting to update firmware could turn a perfectly good working camera into perfectly good paper weight.. I dont know of any recovery process for Dahua's, once you brick em.. they remain bricks.

Ive yet to perform a firmware upgrade on any of my cameras, they all worked out of the box as expected.. as they say, if its not broken... dont fix it.
:):):(:(
Hello Nayr,

sorry i´m new here and also have some parts from china because the suppiers here in Thailand have crazy prices for the IP Camera stuff. For example a Dahua NVR4216-HD cost here 340 USD and in china 70USD the Cameras IPC-HFW5421E-Z cost here 508 USD and in China 130 USD so no way that i buy my stuff here.
I have the problem with the Chinese language in all my items can you tell me where can i find a server who has the english Firmware files of most of the actual Dahua ip stuff ???
Dahua is not answering my emails so i have no choice to get access to this firmware files

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua wont talk to you unless you have a contract with them..

Dahua Firmware is not avilable, its not published... you should buy English language cameras, you can buy english language IPC-HFW5421E-Z for $180 from china, why buy the china language version for $30 less? Ive bought most of my cameras from china and they came to me in english.. I got my NVR4216-4k for $250 USD, also in english.

Better start learning Chinese..