First Post - Need help/direction on a port issue with 2032's

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
Running a few HIK 2032's for real time monitoring. All 6 cameras run fine in network and can be seen on a desktop and iphone in network. The problem started when I tried to change out the ports for remote viewing of the cameras. Changed out the HTTP, RTSP SERVER ports, opened all 3 on the modem/router, the cameras could be seen outside the network for a short period (30-60mins), but would then drop out and crash, at which time I would have to do a full reset to re-access the camera??? If you try to reboot the camera while doing this or after, it would crash also? Leave the ports alone and the cameras are fine? My setup is pretty simple,

(6) HIKVISION 2032 mini bullets (5.3 Firmware)
NETGEAR C7000-100nas router/modem (Comcast)
NETGEAR POE SWITCH - Prosafe JGS524PE-100NAS
DELL XPS - Desktop

I have another camera (sharx 3905) running on the same network that I can see in and out of network with no issues? Spent SEVERAL hours with HIK support and no luck only to be told to send them all back for replacement. I honestly don't think that is the issue or solution? I could see 1 or 2, but all 6 having the same issue? It has to be a setting that were missing.

Has anyone run into this? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!! THX!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@progear Welcome to the forum...to view remotely via the hikvision mobile app, all you need to forward is the media port - default 8000. Instead of changing the port itself, most routers allow you to change the external port that is then routed to the internal port.

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
@progearWelcome to the forum...to view remotely via the hikvision mobile app, all you need to forward is the media port - default 8000. Instead of changing the port itself, most routers allow you to change the external port that is then routed to the internal port.
Not a real fan of the IVMS-4500. Didn't work to well the last time I ran it (few months back). Best success has been with IP CAM VIEWER PRO (ios Version).

Thx.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a real fan of the IVMS-4500. Didn't work to well the last time I ran it (few months back). Best success has been with IP CAM VIEWER PRO (ios Version).

Thx.
The same principle of leaving the internal ports at default and only changing the external ports applies. Also if using ip camera viewer, you dont need the server port forwarded.

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
The same principle of leaving the internal ports at default and only changing the external ports applies. Also if using ip camera viewer, you dont need the server port forwarded.
With IP CAM I have been using a no-ip DDNS domain using one of the http ports.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With IP CAM I have been using a no-ip DDNS domain using one of the http ports.
Again it doesnt matter if you use no ip or the actual ip address...
simply change the external port and leave the internal port alone.

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
Again it doesnt matter if you use no ip or the actual ip address...
simply change the external port and leave the internal port alone.
YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!! Opened up the NETGEAR changed all the externals to 8005, 8006, etc. left the internal to the default http:80 and the corresponding internal IP and it works! All 6 can now be seen. 3 days of discussion with HIK support and no one brought this up? With that being said, is it okay to leave all the internal http's at 80 for all 6 camera's? Then again not sure I have a choice.

Thank You so much for the Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Its certainly ok to leave the ports the same. There is no benefit to changing them. The ports are each associated with the distinct ip address of each camera so there is no issue of them clashing.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
3 days of discussion with HIK support and no one brought this up?
Well that's quite poor for a "well known problem" that a few people on this forum have encountered.
A candidate for an FAQ or trouble-shooting guide, @Stevejn ?
I'm convinced that such a facility, if well done, would enhance your support capabilities a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevejn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alistairstevenson. We do have a number of quick guides and are adding to them all of the time.

Not sure why this wasn't picked up by tech support but we also offer a free training course which addresses all of the common connectivity issues.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
We do have a number of quick guides and are adding to them all of the time.
Perhaps I've not looked properly - can you point us in the right direction for these?
Thanks.

*edit*
which addresses all of the common connectivity issues.
Strictly speaking, the cause is a bug.
We've seen a few people change camera ports and get into difficulties, boot loops, bricking for example, when configuring 'port forwarding' on their LAN for external access.