FIsheye Camera with dewarped camera stream.

Reaction score
Hi all, we currently have a mobotix q24, hwoever we are moving away from blue iris in favour of a scalable cloud based solution (Eagle Eye Networks) and mobotix cameras arent supported with this solution. we are after a fisheye camera that does the dewarping (panoramic view) prior to encoding so eagleye can pick up the dewarped stream.

we purchased a hikvision fisheye ds-2cd2935fwd-i as a replacement only to find out that it doesnt dewarp the fisheye as a channel (unlike the q24) are there any cameras that support this?

Thanks,

Chris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, we currently have a mobotix q24, hwoever we are moving away from blue iris in favour of a scalable cloud based solution (Eagle Eye Networks) and mobotix cameras arent supported with this solution. we are after a fisheye camera that does the dewarping (panoramic view) prior to encoding so eagleye can pick up the dewarped stream.

we purchased a hikvision fisheye ds-2cd2935fwd-i as a replacement only to find out that it doesnt dewarp the fisheye as a channel (unlike the q24) are there any cameras that support this?

Thanks,

Chris
perhaps reconsider your choice of vms...there are many out there that are not cloud based and can easily scale and at a much cheaper cost than eagle eye which comes with a perpetual monthly fee. Cloud solutions are simply terrible and are for suckers. Crap like eagle eye is the "enterprise" equivalent of nest...simply garbage. Not to mention they are deceptive in their advertising.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know. the more i work with it the worse it gets. unfortunately we have partnered with them and therefore cost isn't an issue. I'm just doing as told. as we have multiple sites, it avoids the need to set up a separate site-site vpn that is needed just for a multi-site BI setup. If all else fails, ill have to break the news to the boss.

Regards,

Chris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know. the more i work with it the worse it gets. unfortunately we have partnered with them and therefore cost isn't an issue. I'm just doing as told. as we have multiple sites, it avoids the need to set up a separate site-site vpn that is needed just for a multi-site BI setup. If all else fails, ill have to break the news to the boss.

Regards,

Chris
There are true enterprise vms, you dont need to use BI.