Fisheye doorbell cam only showing top left quadrant

phonig

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to BI and IP cams. I bought an EZVIZ db1c doorbell cam and got it set up on BI. Seemed to be working fine, but then randomly I can only see the top left quadrant of the fisheye lens in BI. On the EZVIZ app I can see all 4 quadrants. I saw a thread about this (Camera Gotchas - Blue Iris) which says the fix is go into the camera app and change "standard-def" to "high-def" or "ultra-def", but I don't see that option in the camera app.

Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you didn't accidently mouse scroll wheel and digital zoom in. That is a common issue that people post with a similar issue to yours.

Click on the camera on BI and then move the mouse wheel both ways to make sure you are not zoomed in LOL.

phonig

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty sure that the camera wasn't zoomed in, but the problem mysteriously disappeared. Will try that when it happens again.

phonig

n3wb
Reaction score
This problem mysteriously re-appeared. Attached is a screenshot of what I see in BI. The camera view isn't zoomed at all. It looks fine on the EZVIZ app. Seems like the problem is on the BI end. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Notice how the time is missing the M in PM.

Confirm you are not zoomed in either on UI3 or the BI console

phonig

n3wb
Reaction score
Definitely not zoomed on either UI3 or BI console. When I started BI it prompted me to update to the latest version. I did and the problem mysteriously went away. The version I was running prior to update couldn't have been more than a few days old. Strange.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI has updates all of the time. Sometimes multiple in one day.

But you should really turn that off and only update when it adds a feature you want or need.

Many of us are running on an older version.

If you stay on the leading edge and update or auto update, it is referred to here as the bleeding edge LOL and you may get burned with a buggy update. It is simple to rollback, but unless you want to be essentially a beta tester, turn off auto updates.

I suspect whatever it was would have been corrected by a reboot of the computer or stopping BI and starting again.

I haven't seen the issue you are experiencing here, except for the folks that come here with the same issue and had accidentally scroll wheeled digital zoomed it.