Flock installed LPR's without permits and has now been banned from operating in two states

steve0805

n3wb
Reaction score
How long was it down? Is there anything in the contract on uptime or repair of broken camera?
About 8 days. They have to credit us for the time the camera was down, but nothing more. It's beside the point since the requirement is that it be up on the rare occasion it is needed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'
When I reached out to Flock about a year ago just to get their prices below is what they sent me.

As @wittaj mentioned $2,500 a year per camera and that's for a 2 year contract plus $650.00 for install. If you check their website they have other cameras besides ALPR including PTZ's.

View attachment 202135 View attachment 202136
"Flock" may sound a lot like what people nearby hear when you get their first invoice.
I was thinking instead of "Flock" they could have named the company "Fleece". :lmao:

BobbyArcher

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up ... we'll find you! .... Harold Finch

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
UK has been using ANPR (autmatic NUmber PLate Recognition) cameras for about 2 decades. Over here used at key locations to detect stolen vehicles, untaxed vehicles and speeding (average speed cameras where the vehicle is timed between the cameras). There are plenty of large extablished players in the market such as HIK, so not sure where the small start up fits in.

Most UK roads don't ahve them but they are fitted to many larger roads and motorways (freeways).

eg UK average speed cameras on a motorway (freeway) - the ones you need to fear:

General ANPR camera mounted to a bridge:

A road type cameras which are discretely mounted on lamp posts: