FOCSCAM FI9831W and FI9831P V2 Settings

dbs179

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Blue Iris set up with two FOSCAM cameras I already have and use as baby monitors to see how the software works. I've added both cameras, but no matter what settings I try I can't get them to show up in Blue Iris, I get anything from I/O errors to socket errors depending on how I configure the settings. I know both of the cameras are working since I can see them in IE and also through my mobile devices running TinyCam, but no matter what I try I can't get them in Blue Iris. My settings are changed a bit from default, so maybe that is the problem.

The FI9831P V2 is set for HTTP Port 15551, HTTPS Port 16551 and ONVIF Port 17551.

The FI9831W is set for HTTP Port 15550, HTTPS Port 16550, and ONVIF Port 17888.

Both are set to use static IP addresses and both have the proper port forwarding to view outside of my network, although I'm running the Blue Iris software inside of my network.

In Blue Iris I've tried connecting via HTTP and HTTPS with and without the ports after the IP address. I've tried leaving the Media/video/RTSP port at default, set to the HTTP Port and set to the HTTPS port. No matter what I try, I can't get video to show up. I'm sure it is something I'm missing, but can't figure it out and didn't find anything searching with Google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Both tinyCam and IE uses proprietary protocol by default for Foscam cameras. Blue Iris as far as I remember uses RTSP.
Most probably RTSP protocol for your camera simply does not work. Change protocol to RTSP in tinyCam to check if it really RTSP issue. Try to reboot the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Blue Iris set up with two FOSCAM cameras I already have and use as baby monitors to see how the software works. I've added both cameras, but no matter what settings I try I can't get them to show up in Blue Iris, I get anything from I/O errors to socket errors depending on how I configure the settings. I know both of the cameras are working since I can see them in IE and also through my mobile devices running TinyCam, but no matter what I try I can't get them in Blue Iris. My settings are changed a bit from default, so maybe that is the problem.

The FI9831P V2 is set for HTTP Port 15551, HTTPS Port 16551 and ONVIF Port 17551.

The FI9831W is set for HTTP Port 15550, HTTPS Port 16550, and ONVIF Port 17888.

Both are set to use static IP addresses and both have the proper port forwarding to view outside of my network, although I'm running the Blue Iris software inside of my network.

In Blue Iris I've tried connecting via HTTP and HTTPS with and without the ports after the IP address. I've tried leaving the Media/video/RTSP port at default, set to the HTTP Port and set to the HTTPS port. No matter what I try, I can't get video to show up. I'm sure it is something I'm missing, but can't figure it out and didn't find anything searching with Google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
what version of blue iris..the exact version...
use the find inspect button...you are likely not entering the correct rtsp port...in the future avoid foscam...do not port forward any cameras....it is a huge security risk..use the cameras local ip address

dbs179

n3wb
Reaction score
what version of blue iris..the exact version...
use the find inspect button...you are likely not entering the correct rtsp port...in the future avoid foscam...do not port forward any cameras....it is a huge security risk..use the cameras local ip address
fenderman,

I'm on Blue Iris Version 4.6.4.6 x64, fresh install just loaded yesterday.

When using the find inspect button I don't really know what to look for in the results or what to set the RTSP port to.

I have my camera's port forwarded to allow connections from only specific IP's for remote viewing and have changed all of the passwords, but I understand that it is a risk. I need to set up a VPN to remove the port forwards but haven't gotten around to it yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

I'm on Blue Iris Version 4.6.4.6 x64, fresh install just loaded yesterday.

When using the find inspect button I don't really know what to look for in the results or what to set the RTSP port to.

I have my camera's port forwarded to allow connections from only specific IP's for remote viewing and have changed all of the passwords, but I understand that it is a risk. I need to set up a VPN to remove the port forwards but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Delete camera in blue iris... start over..enter IP only...then find inspect