Force Blue Iris to Move Files

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My nas ended up running out of space (recycle bin wasn't deleting the files on my Synology). so I guess blue iris kept the footage on my local storage since It couldn't move it. Now my local storage is basically gone. And I've cleared my blue iris folder on my nas. how can I force blue iris to move the files over to the nas. No matter what I do.
My new folder is local and my stored folder is my nas.. I have a file limit set. I've tried changing how long to keep clips. etc.. no matter what I do.. it won't move the footage over

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I *think* it will. You could always try just manually moving one file and run the repair option and check. Another option would be to delete the database let it create a new one from scratch.

Take a look at this thread
Blue Iris lost all my Alert Images, how to regenerate Alert Images

But, if your in doubt, best to wait until someone else weighs in and can confirm for sure
appreciate your help.. I will take a look. Random. Also.. what does the !! Points mean in this picture.. I’m wondering if blue iris is having problems access the drive. Although it’s map properly and I can access it no problem under my pc..
A71F1C60-EB44-4CA9-B113-DA0812F87508.jpeg

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@gfaulk09 - I just added a Synology NAS to my network and was having issue with BlueIris falsely alerting a lack of space. The "Do not check disk space" checkbox bought me some relief until I could check a few things. For example, from the BI Help file (below) I verified the account running the BI service does indeed have read/write access to the UNC path of the network drive.

Why aren’t my files being moved to storage and the New folder is overflowing?

Most likely, you are running as a service, but under the Local Service user, and that user has
insufficient rights. Please see the related topic at the beginning of this chapter. Also, you
may need to use a UNC name (like \\server\share) for your NAS rather than a drive letter.