Foscam FI9821W V2 PTZ

JamesLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Using Blue Iris V4.0 with several cameras. Had my Foscam FI9821W V2 operating for about 5 months. I updated the firmware several months ago to 2.11.1.18. Yesterday the camera suddenly started to pan, tilt on its own. I have re-booted and re-set the PTZ from within the Foscam IPCam Client and have given it a "home" setting for its default. But after 5 minutes or so it pans, tilts on its own and stops, never in the same place. Also, when I unplug and plug in the camera from its wireless source it waits several moments then goes through the boot tilt, pan sequence, normally. The camera seems to be operating well except for the sudden random pan and tilt. I have not re-loaded the firmware or re-set to factory, yet. Any hints? Thanks.

JamesLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hah! That's what I thought. I authorized two of my outdoor cameras to my son and brother, but not this one. But it does seem like somebody is playing with it. I was just hoping for a quick fix before re-setting it to the factory and giving it a different name, password and port. Thanks. I'll wait a day or two to see if anyone has had the same situation.

JamesLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks TheUberOverLord for the advice. Since my last post I have changed the Login and Passwords to all my cameras. I have not changed their IP address or their Ports. Now that I am slightly paranoid I also changed my router Login and Password. As for the Foscam camera in question, F19821W V2, I have since updated the System Firmware to 1.4.1.10, the Application Firmware to 2.11.1.119. The Plug in Version is 3.1.0.9. The camera remained unplugged overnight. When I plugged it in it appeared to go through its start up normally. The first time I accessed the camera after re-setting all my Blue Iris access Logins and Passwords, it briefly and unfortunately continued its random Pan and Tilt.
But, since I performed the following the camera appears to have stopped the random Pan and Tilt. This may have remedied the problem. I accessed the camera via the IPCam Client, and under the Live Video Tab/Preset, created a "Home" position. Then under the Settings Tab/PTZ/Start-up Options, set it to the "Home" position. So far no more random pan and tilts. Wait and see. Thanks