FPS issues on 4k camera, laggy/dropped frames.

jim burns

n3wb
Reaction score
i have tried everything original poster has tried. started at 265+ changed to h265 changed to h264... with or without hardware acceleration. turned overlays off, direct to disk recording, turned off motion sensor, turned off recording. no matter what i try get max frame rate of about 11 with frequent dips down to as low as 2fps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have tried everything original poster has tried. started at 265+ changed to h265 changed to h264... with or without hardware acceleration. turned overlays off, direct to disk recording, turned off motion sensor, turned off recording. no matter what i try get max frame rate of about 11 with frequent dips down to as low as 2fps.
Are you running the demo? What is your cpu usage?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1)Provide a network diagram
2) screen shot of the camera settings in the camera
3) screen stop of the camera setting in bi
4) bi version.
5) computer hardware description
6) purchased network cable or home made

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a client that I set up a BI system and a Amcrest 4k camera as well as an interior camera. The issue is with QoS on the switch. What I ended up doing is setting the FPS to 10 on the 4k camera and also setting the other cameras to 15 or less FPS. Here is a screenshot of the settings from that camera. If you can turn off QoS on the switch I definitely would. Unfortunately in my case I was unable to disable QoS because the switch wasn't manageable.

Attachments