FTP backup not working

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did the 'test' and that worked, but nothing seems to get uploaded to the offsite ftp server. am I missing an option somewhere? can someone walk me through how to get it going!?!?!?!?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that in the camera record tab you have "mark new clips for web archival" selected...also blue iris may be waiting for the clip to close before it begins an upload...check your combine and cut times..

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is it best to have the combine and cut times disabled? I'd like to keep the CPU stuff down to a minimum

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It helps minimize the amount of files... You can test and see if longer times delay the ftp upload...

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmmmm. do I do the 'leave file as is' for after upload? seems like none of the files are showing up in the clip browser now haha. but they are getting sent over FTP.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmmmm. do I do the 'leave file as is' for after upload? seems like none of the files are showing up in the clip browser now haha. but they are getting sent over FTP.....
There is a bug in 2.1 that may be causing your issue...you can leave it as is...that option depends on what you want to do once the file is uploaded...you still want a local copy so you can easily review footage...

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this bug is just making them not visible or what? I can't lose any footage locally....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
this bug is just making them not visible or what? I can't lose any footage locally....
not sure...one user reported loosing clips..you can roll it back using the update file i posted here http://www.ipcamtalk.com/troubleshooting/2926-error-0-a.html?highlight=report
If this is a mission critical system, you should not be using auto update...dont update unless there is a new feature or patch that you need....and even then wait a week at least to see if there are any issues..

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
errrrrrrrrrr.... okay all the playback is there it's just not showing up in the web interface... ummmm... but a lot of the playback seems like corrupt video files. it's super glitchy and green frames and skips all over... but the live feed looks perfect. CPU is staying at around 50%

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
alright I'm on 1.14 and the video is still glitchy as crap. I'm doing the direct to disk option, and the live feeds look great. it's just the clip playback.... ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
alright I'm on 1.14 and the video is still glitchy as crap. I'm doing the direct to disk option, and the live feeds look great. it's just the clip playback.... ideas?
2.2 has been released so you may want to try that. What do you mean by glitchy?
You might be suffering from ghosting which is common using direct to disc and can usually be resolved by one of these.
1) match the cameras iframe to the fps - in camera settings
2) increase the cameras frame rate settings - in blue iris- so if your camera is set to 10fps, set blue iris to 12 or 15...and uncheck auto adjust..
3) increase the network buffer from 1.5mb to 10..in blue iris..

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
basically anything that moves in the video is distorted and then everything turns green