FTP backup not working

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmmm. I could only get it to not ghost by setting 30 fps in camera and blue iris, and then 60 i frame :\ now my CPU usage is getting really high.... I'll need to keep messing with that I guess... another question I had. Can the camera motion trigger stuff be requested or added in? I don't think Blue Iris is compatible with my cameras motion detection

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmmm. I could only get it to not ghost by setting 30 fps in camera and blue iris, and then 60 i frame :\ now my CPU usage is getting really high.... I'll need to keep messing with that I guess... another question I had. Can the camera motion trigger stuff be requested or added in? I don't think Blue Iris is compatible with my cameras motion detection
It should work regardless of fps....
What cameras are you using?

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
they are all Dahua IPC-HDW4300S and I believe they are ONVIF 2.1. hmmmm last issue I've noticed also... haha. I have FTP max connections set to 10 and it's still only uploading a single file at a time? I tested the ftp server from elsewhere and was able to upload 10+ files at once

thanks for all the help so far you rock!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
they are all Dahua IPC-HDW4300S and I believe they are ONVIF 2.1. hmmmm last issue I've noticed also... haha. I have FTP max connections set to 10 and it's still only uploading a single file at a time? I tested the ftp server from elsewhere and was able to upload 10+ files at once

thanks for all the help so far you rock!
ok, if you have dahua cameras...try changing the default h.264h to h.264 or h.264b as the encoding format...i have found that to resolve the ghosting issue. Not sure about the ftp limit...

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
another question please.... I have the cameras set to 12 fps and 24 i frame... but in BI i have the fps set at 25 and I believe that fixed the ghosting. if I have the direct to disk enabled, will that fps in BI make much difference? what will the repercussions be I guess if I leave it that way.... nothing else seems to work to stop the ghosting

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
another question please.... I have the cameras set to 12 fps and 24 i frame... but in BI i have the fps set at 25 and I believe that fixed the ghosting. if I have the direct to disk enabled, will that fps in BI make much difference? what will the repercussions be I guess if I leave it that way.... nothing else seems to work to stop the ghosting
You should leave it that way...it will affect nothing..

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
orz. okay very sorry but I was wrong. the ghosting is still there.... what else can I try? network buffer is at 10. I tried all different types of FPS settings and iframe settings...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
orz. okay very sorry but I was wrong. the ghosting is still there.... what else can I try? network buffer is at 10. I tried all different types of FPS settings and iframe settings...
did you try changing the default h.264h to h.264 or h.264b as the encoding format?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, they are all set to h.264
Does it give you the option for h.264b ? if so try that..that is what i have my cam that was giving me the issue set at...also match your iframe interval to the frame rate.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nope, only h.264H or mjpeg. I've also tried adjusting the i frame and that seems to just make it worse.... any other ideas? D:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried testing vbr vs cbr...see if one works better than the other...when testing this make sure you have the other suggestions at the beginning of this thread implemented.