Funny / Satire

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Janitor pulls the plug on storage freezer in New York lab to stop incessant beep - but also destroys DECADES worth of science research worth $1million

View attachment 166415
Let's see if I have this correct.....

No argument that the janitor did something pretty stupid but are we to understand that if what was in the freezer was so #$%@ valuable that those in charge trusted having it powered only by the power grid, with no back up power and no alarm in place (other than audible) to notify someone when the freezer's internal temp rose, say 10 degrees? For God's sake, things fail after working hours and the freezer could easily have experienced a catastrophic failure even with uninterrupted power and no stupid janitor in sight!

If it was that damn valuable then at least those 2 safeguards should have been in place and the head of someone else should roll, not just the janitor's....he's the scapegoat, though.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thought he looked familiar.... he is the actor who played Mel Cooley, the television producer on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

errrmm.... which I learned about on the Internet
I didn't see Mel or the ovens until I went back and looked for the third time......gee, I must have been distracted. :idk::winktongue: