FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know how long is it to flash the firmware? Once it is completed, is it going to stop the script by itself?
There is a part where you get to the end and it'll seem like it won't do anything. At that point, you could just close the TFTP and console windows and unplug the camera the plug it back in. Should work

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, i noticed theres a newer firmware for the cameras but i only tried it on one of my cams. I haven't tested it much but installed it on one of my spare cameras. IPC-HFW4831E-SE

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to flash my other cameras but I am getting a "time out".
Should I wait for a while or just kill the process and run it again?
Thanks

Attachments

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to flash my other cameras but I am getting a "time out".
Should I wait for a while or just kill the process and run it again?
Thanks
?? Are you trying to use TFTP on the link i provide above? I should've stated that is for flashing via web gui not thru TFTP.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
?? Are you trying to use TFTP on the link i provide above? I should've stated that is for flashing via web gui not thru TFTP.
Well, my first camera. I did it via the TFTP method. So I am trying to duplicate the same method but got the time out in the screencap.
I did tried to flash via the web gui but it does not work.

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wireshark is your friend in times like these...

Monitor the traffic and see if the ip changes to the NVR assigned IP

You may have to change you PC NIC to access it

Happy flashing :)

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am finally got all 4 cameras updated. Thank you all for your help.
On to the NVR.
Is it best just to copy the 3.26 and 4.00 firmware onto an usb flash drive then connect it to the NVR and do the firmware update?

Thanks

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am finally got all 4 cameras updated. Thank you all for your help.
On to the NVR.
Is it best just to copy the 3.26 and 4.00 firmware onto an usb flash drive then connect it to the NVR and do the firmware update?

Thanks
It will not work that way. When I did mine 2 weeks ago, I couldn't find the older firmware so I kind of went straight to 4.0. Read my comment (#239 I think) on page 12.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a weird problem. One 2 of my cameras, IVS snapshots only work at evening/night (perhaps, when it switches to B&W mode). Sometimes I get the alarm but no snapshot to FTP or Email.

1 camera works day and night. I checked the schedule and they are all identical. What the heck could this be?

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having a weird problem. One 2 of my cameras, IVS snapshots only work at evening/night. Sometimes I get the alarm but no snapshot to FTP or Email.

1 camera works day and night. I checked the schedule and they are all identical. What the heck could this be?
Interesting, sorry I don't have any experience using email or ftp for snapshots so I can't confirm but does the IVS event show in the timeline? I've only used IVS for notifications on my phone thru dmss app.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting, sorry I don't have any experience using email or ftp for snapshots so I can't confirm but does the IVS event show in the timeline? I've only used IVS for notifications on my phone thru dmss app.
It does and I receive email but with no attachment. Sun goes down and attachments start coming thru.

SuperYellowTang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before flashing my 4 cameras to the dahua firmware. I am able to view the cameras with the gdmss app with TMO data but now i can not view it if I'm only TMO data. I can view it if I'm connected to wifi. Is there a setting in the gdmss app to let me view with data instead of wifi? Thanks

Attachments

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the IVS events are not listed for the affected cameras. But I have alarm listed (trip wire, human etc) for all events. Furthermore, one of the camera only sends me "even end" email. The other one sends event start and event end but not snapshot and no entry in the IVS history.

I should say that all this is done via the NVR which is on ver 4, while the cameras are on version 3.8. What firmwares are you on?

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the IVS events are not listed for the affected cameras. But I have alarm listed (trip wire, human etc) for all events. Furthermore, one of the camera only sends me "even end" email. The other one sends event start and event end but not snapshot and no entry in the IVS history.

I should say that all this is done via the NVR which is on ver 4, while the cameras are on version 3.8. What firmwares are you on?
Sorry I'm not home this weekend but I'm going thru memory right now, can you check to see if your cameras have IVS turned on in smart plan. There are 2 options in smart plan, face detection and IVS. I don't remember the firmware in on but it's pretty recent I think March 2020

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before flashing my 4 cameras to the dahua firmware. I am able to view the cameras with the gdmss app with TMO data but now i can not view it if I'm only TMO data. I can view it if I'm connected to wifi. Is there a setting in the gdmss app to let me view with data instead of wifi? Thanks
You may have to redo the setup in the app. You can modify your current setup and I'm assuming you're using the P2P to view your cameras on LTE. Can you check to see if your serial number is in there? Which also reminds me, did you edit that text file with your serial number before flashing?

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not home this weekend but I'm going thru memory right now, can you check to see if your cameras have IVS turned on in smart plan. There are 2 options in smart plan, face detection and IVS. I don't remember the firmware in on but it's pretty recent I think March 2020
Yeap. It is on. I moved in one of the cameras in a dark room. IVS works, I got email with image. If turn on the light, IVS stops working again.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Levin83
After all day troubleshooting, including complete reset of cameras and NVR, I finally figured out the snapshot issue.
Since it worked in the dark, and black and white images are much smaller in file size, I realized that it was a file size issue. The NVR can't proccess a file larger than ~1.2mb(Email or FTP). The default level of 5 produces 1.5mb+ for area with grass and trees. I had to rurn that quality setting down to 2 (Setting located in the NVR under cameras, encode, snapshot tab; note the drop down for schedule vs event)
A camera pointing at street/driveway produces 30-40% smaller file size and this explains why some of my cameras were producing snapshots while others only at night.

I think the NVR is not powerful enough to handle 4x 2160p X265 + 2 secondary streams. The 4.x firmware seems to tax it even more than before.

In the future, I might move the cameras to LAN so they can do some of the work but I wish I could use the NVR PoE instead of getting separate injectors/switch.