G1 platform V5.6.1_Build190604 - 2019-07-17

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep in mind, once you upgrade to v5.6.0 or v5.6.1 you can't go back to older firmware.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep in mind, once you upgrade to v5.6.0 or v5.6.1 you can't go back to older firmware.
yes we need you to test for us. Do not use it in the production one. I can't upgrade since all my camera are chinese. I hope chinese website get update soon. They have not update for a long time.

polaris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes we need you to test for us. Do not use it in the production one. I can't upgrade since all my camera are chinese. I hope chinese website get update soon. They have not update for a long time.
What's the latest upgrade for Chinese cameras? Can't find anything which is not older than that which my cameras came with.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are the G1 region locked Chinese camera models?

There is also a hacked G1 u-boot on the forum for loading unprotected digicap.dav's (never tried it myself)

Btw You may be able to downgrade via TTL.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have DS-2CD3T86FWDV2 cameras and they come with firmware version 5.5.83 (which I haven't found any download link)

海康威视是以视频为核心的智能物联网解决方案和大数据服务提供商 lists only older versions
I had same issue on a G0 cam locked to Chinese. I hacked the English version so it would work on the Chinese cam. They seem to update the Chinese versions later than the ML versions. I do not have a G1 locked Chinese cam here to experiment on. There is not much difference in the updates you could try to e-mail hikvision for the chinese update.(there is no reason why they can not be released at same time)

polaris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had same issue on a G0 cam locked to Chinese. I hacked the English version so it would work on the Chinese cam. They seem to update the Chinese versions later than the ML versions. I do not have a G1 locked Chinese cam here to experiment on. There is not much difference in the updates you could try to e-mail hikvision for the chinese update.(there is no reason why they can not be released at same time)
I went the other way - hacked the latest iVMS to accept chinese cameras. Have you tried e-mailing hikvision yourself? I am not sure if they'll send me an update unless I would probably write them in Chinese.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went the other way - hacked the latest iVMS to accept chinese cameras. Have you tried e-mailing hikvision yourself? I am not sure if they'll send me an update unless I would probably write them in Chinese.
no point me emailing , I am using a grey market Chinese cam and converting it to English. They don't like that and would not help. (anyway the G0 cam now works perfectly in EN after conversion)

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Upgraded a couple of mine today for testing

Any idea what this does?

or this:

anyone use this:

and then there's this option:

that's all I've found in the configuration side.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The diagnose information is handy in system/maintenance menu. Enhanced SDK service was introduced in 5.5.8.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
leecher's hik_repack will decrypt this update and CUTTER / radare2 will load the davinci file. Unfortunately I do not have a Chinese cam to play with the update on. If I can find a cheap chinese G1 ill buy it to play with but you do not seem to see any on ebay nowadays.

Roxana31

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that with no help, I even tried another browser no help, I rebooted computer no help, I downgraded the firmware to V5.6.0_Build190507 using the Hikvision Tools software under the Batch Upgrading option no help, then I remembered about the LocalServiceComponents.exe plugin I installed yesterday and I reinstalled it and that fixed it. This time I installed it as administrator so hopefully, I don't have to do that every time I reboot my computer.

BTW I reinstalled firmware V5.6.1_Build190604 and all is working great. I have a DS-2CD2385FWD.
Hello! Does it work in this firmware version of V5.6.1_Build1906 SMB / CIFS?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I flashed my 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I with the newest firmware. Cannot see any difference, all is working fine. Maybe the Intrusion is a bit better (?). Face Detection is not working good, but this problem was also on 5.5.8x.

What is really annoying and is not fixed:
The app "HIK CONNECT" is still changing the substream to a bitrate of 128 by connecting and dont change back to original settings by disconnecting. I hoped this is fixed in this firmware, but it is not. The mainstream seems to stay what it is, but I am using 265+ so i cannot change the bitrate of the mainstream.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.2 Features

*for G1 platform Cameras

1. New Features

Fixed the issue that port mapping only take effect after rebooting device. (Port of Enhanced SDK service, WebSocket, WebSockets)

Fixed the issue that only 80GB capacity of NAS storage are available when camera mount to NAS server (more than 80GB) and enable overwrite.