Gas prices

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I would chalk that up to fake news. Pumping systems don't use "specialized remotes" to put gas dispensing systems in "stand alone mode". Everything on them is closed loop RS-232 Serial or RS-485 communications, with hard-wired shielded cables for control communications.

If the theft actually did happen, then it was an inside job to bypass the master controller inside the station, using calibration and diagnostics software on a removable thumb drive. I would say the owner needs to look carefully at his employees or the service company employees that maintain the systems or both.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
BREAKING: Washington gas stations run out of gas, add extra digit in anticipation of $10 dollar prices

A spokesperson at 76 confirmed to The Post Millennial that the gas pumps were reprogrammed to allocate for double-digit pricing.

Gas stations across the US are running out of fuel and in anticipation of an increase in gas prices, gas stations in the state of Washington are reportedly reprogramming pumps to include double-digit numbers in "price per gallon" as the current trend could put prices over $10.00.

At the 76 Gas Station in Auburn, Washington located at 1725 Auburn Way North, gas pumps have been reprogrammed to make room for double-digit pricing. In March, they still had single-digit programming.

A Spokesperson at 76 confirmed to The Post Millennial that the gas pumps were reprogrammed to allocate for double-digit pricing. Although not confirming that they are expecting prices to increase up to $10.00 or more, the current trend suggests the possibility.

BREAKING: Washington gas stations run out of gas, add extra digit in anticipation of $10 dollar prices | The Post Millennial

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe they will change to $ per litre like they did in the 1980's in the UK so it doesnt look so bad. But then you dont like the metric system over there so maybe something like $ per quart? :p

For what its worth, I buy my diesel in stinking Euros per litre (hate the euro) but i still measure my fuel consumption in miles per gallon :idk:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Last Friday gas was in the $4.30 range at the cheap stations and $4.50 at the "amenities" stations. Monday it was $4.45 at the cheap stations and $4.75, and up, at the "amenities" stations. WTF happened over the weekend? I hate to think what the prices will be like when I go out today!