Gas prices

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Andy, is the SD29204UE-GN a indoor or outdoor rated camera? The Amazon listing says indoor and then in the specs, it says outdoor, but no IP rating.
it's not waterproof, so can't expose to the rain, indoor or outdoor both can be ok, just can't expose it to the rain.
If expose to the rain, use the SD1A404XB-GNR.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Andy, is the SD29204UE-GN a indoor or outdoor rated camera? The Amazon listing says indoor and then in the specs, it says outdoor, but no IP rating.
YMMV but I have one of those that's been outside forever now (5+ years at least) and it's still running fine. I first had it under an eave but it still got blasted with blowing rain/snow/mist/whatever. A couple of years ago when I moved cams around I figured that if it had survived so far, I'd just move it to a completely exposed spot. It's been fine to date. I did make a gasket out of neoprene craft foam to protect it at the top a little more. One thing about it is that the section that rotates is so light that strong wind causes it to move and the image to jump around a little with gusts at times.

Again YMMV. I did it knowing that it wasn't outdoor rated and accepting the risk. Hard to find a small, inexpensive PTZ that's not a dome.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Out here in Northern California we got PG&E and they keep raising electric bills to probably one of the highest in the nation if not the highest...

Also Governor Nuisance is quiet while PG&E and CPUC is trying to push for Solar Tax.... now..

I think they were purposing like $8 a kw ..

So for ex if someone has 10 kw system that be $80 a month just on solar tax.. for roof top solar..

Reaction score
First they force you to get solar on new construction, then turn around and tax you for having solar. What's wrong with that picture?
It is just another way to generate revenue for the gov't. They know that if you have solar, you will be paying less tax on your electric bill. So let's tax the solar, and while we are at it, charge even more!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotta love the libs. First they force you to get solar on new construction, then turn around and tax you for having solar.
Same thing they're doing with the electric cars. They drive up the cost of gas now to herd the sheep into electric cars, then when there's critical mass, they'll drive up the electric cost to sheer the sheep.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Out here in Northern California we got PG&E and they keep raising electric bills to probably one of the highest in the nation if not the highest...

Also Governor Nuisance is quiet while PG&E and CPUC is trying to push for Solar Tax.... now..

I think they were purposing like $8 a kw ..

So for ex if someone has 10 kw system that be $80 a month just on solar tax.. for roof top solar..

Which hopefully will increase the exodus from that commie state.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which hopefully will increase the exodus from that commie state.
Be careful what you wish for... Those who leave the commie state are so unaware that their zeal for leftist politics was the cause of the decline, and bring their votes to more conservative areas where they try to enact the same policies, spreading the misery.