G'Day from Cidnee!

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey All!

Another Aussie from downunder located in Sydney Australia who's looking to get into the world of home surveillance.

I've been floating around reading about this all CCTV stuff, and man its so overwhelming, I'm starting to sound like a nerd when I walk into some of the shops that sell off the shelf products and at times I feel they don't know their own products!

Anyways, I will open a new thread with my wish list and hope to hear from local ozzies who had dived in and got it up and running

I've read or skimmed over threads and posts from the likes of Looney2ns, nayr, TVT73 and may others that I can't recall and also reached out to Empire(Alan) to kick off my list of hardware and have interests in purchasing BI as my main NVR.

Looking forward to learning and getting eagle eye up and running to "watch my house" :D

PEACE
Kosti

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Kosti, welcome to the forum!
Is it starting to cool down a bit where you are? We're all seeing unusual weather patterns, even up here in Scotland. The warmest February on record, and no snow this winter

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

G'day and enjoy the forum and getting addicted to surveillance cameras.

Every time I think I've got it set up just right, I find another spot I want to keep a better eye on. So read, learn, ask, plan, think, read, learn, ask, and above all, heed the advice from the experts here. They know from what they speak.

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Chaps for the welcome!

I've sent Andy my wish list although I was hoping there was a better price for forum members given he gets free advertising :D

Once I have some basic idea of camera's and location i will post up a thread with my wish list for critique. Need to also add to my wish list CAT6 cable and connectors as well as a crimper..

Damn this is getting expensive!

BTW were are all the other oz people, I want to here your experience with Dahua units as these is my preferred choice of camera's

PEACE
Kosti

inference

n3wb
Reaction score
G'day Kosti

I'm also in Coat Hanger City. I've recently installed my first Dahua 5231 turret. Its been running with Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS for about 3 weeks now, so it still needs fine tuning, but generally working well.

I figured I'd get one up and running and play with it for a while before buying cameras for the rest of the house. I am also tempted by the new darkfighter models in the IPCT store if you haven't seen them, but am still weighing up several options for placement and resolution for my next camera.

Kosti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Inference

I was thinking of trialing cams out but figured people already have experience with that and I could just grab a full kit and install it myself

I’ve not seen the darkfighter so will take a look, thanks for the tip on that.

Quick question, can u download the wiki cliff notes, I can’t eead off my screen these days and prefer to print out and read it while travelling to and from work on the train

Peace
Kosti