Geofencing - assistance requested - schedule presets

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have the enter settings at hold or temp, you want temp on that on so it can change to night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not quite solved! Although the active profile now responds to entering and exiting the fence when carrying my phone, when I'm sitting at home it does not track the global schedule setting change from daytime to overnight. I guess this is because the block of profile icons is displaying the 'Hold Profile' symbol until I unlock it. I wonder what's wrong this time?
you cant have it both ways...either you set it to hold, temp or run...if you wish to maintain the programmed scheduled when you are home simply set it to run - only for ENTER.

Eight

n3wb
Reaction score
It does if you have an open VPN connection. iPhones cannot persist a VPN connection when the phone is locked/asleep, so unless you have the phone on and the connection open, geofencing will not be able to instruct your BI server to change profiles.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does if you have an open VPN connection. iPhones cannot persist a VPN connection when the phone is locked/asleep, so unless you have the phone on and the connection open, geofencing will not be able to instruct your BI server to change profiles.
Interesting. Thought it wouldn't work, cause it isn't.

Using Openvpn . One plus 5t, Galaxy s8.
Detects inside, but not outside.
Gonna look into it again. I thought it couldn't work through VPN, so I had given up.
Thanks.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting. Thought it wouldn't work, cause it isn't.

Using Openvpn . One plus 5t, Galaxy s8.
Detects inside, but not outside.
Gonna look into it again. I thought it couldn't work through VPN, so I had given up.
Thanks.
If you happen to have a SmartThings hub and use Geo-fencing with that you can tie your BI to your ST hub via BlueFusion and use the Geo-fencing of the ST hub to trigger your profile changes for Home/Away/Night/... This will work without opening any ports on your router or having a VPN tunnel open since your ST hub will be on the same network as your BI server.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you happen to have a SmartThings hub and use Geo-fencing with that you can tie your BI to your ST hub via BlueFusion and use the Geo-fencing of the ST hub to trigger your profile changes for Home/Away/Night/... This will work without opening any ports on your router or having a VPN tunnel open since your ST hub will be on the same network as your BI server.
Unfortunately, no smart things hub.
Using a vera for years