Geovision GV-FER12203 doesn't play well with BlueIris

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got Geovision GV-FER12203 360 FishEye camera to test and so far it does not play well with blueiris. Main stream 4000x3000 with any bitrate when added to blue iris keeps dropping connections every couple seconds or sometimes looses connection for hours. Sub-stream works no problem.

Already replaced the cable and tested in different poe switch port to rule that out. When connecting to main stream camera directly there are no drops.

upload_2019-2-12_14-13-49.png

Besides configuration above I did try rtsp link and while it opens in any media player, blue iris still does not connect/open it.

Code:
Opening 10.0.12.123 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2019-02-12T22:19:41.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Geovision
Model: GV-FER12203
FirmwareVersion: v1.02 2016-04-21
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging
Has media services: /onvif/media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is profile_Default
first source is Video_Source
requesting URI for profile profile_Default
RTSP URI: /CH001.sdp
Has Event services: /onvif/events
RelayOutputs: 1
RelayOutput: Relay01/Bistable/open
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_io
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does the server CPU utilization look like during this issue?
When you tried RTSP, did you try unticking the box "Use RTSP/stream timecode" ?
What are current settings in the cam for frame rate and frame interval?

Last edited:

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What does the server CPU utilization look like during this issue?
Have you tried unticking the box "Use RTSP/stream timecode" ?
What are current settings in the cam for frame rate and frame interval?
CPU Utilization is roughly 65-70%

Going to try unticking the "Use RTSP/stream timecode" and report back.

Camera stream settings are basically 4000x3000 15FPS 10Mbps and IFrame at 15 as well. I have tried lowering it down just in case the resource was too much, but it didn't help.
What seemed to have worked is turning resolution down a bit and then setting it back to 4000x3000 and camera hasn't dropped a connection in about 30 minutes.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
12MP is a lot to stream.....I believe with H.264 it's more like 24Mbps @ that frame rate.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got from your 2nd post ("....15FPS 10Mbps and IFrame at 15 as well....") that FPS and interval were both 15.

Reaction score
Jumping in on this poat as it is all I could find I have one of these cameras and can not even get the camera to show. I'm running the latest blue iris. What settings have you used to get the camera to work? I'm on a gigabit network.

Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jumping in on this poat as it is all I could find I have one of these cameras and can not even get the camera to show. I'm running the latest blue iris. What settings have you used to get the camera to work? I'm on a gigabit network.

Thanks in advance.
Ask @PancakeBimmer ...it's been a month. Essentially he said what he did in post #3 but perhaps he can chime in to affirm.

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-17_5-44-50.png
I ended up moving this camera to a BlueIris on a second system and it works great now. In camera properties I set 360 to ceiling which I think enables 360 dewarp when viewing clips and alerts. Keep in mind that if you use Camera Properties > Video > Rotation then dewarp doesn't work.
The trick with resolution worked okay but I had to do it once every two weeks or so. Some times it had to be done two-three days in a row.

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
I just saw this thread .. Just as an aside .. I too have the 12203 (for over a year now) and I have always had the same intermittent problem where BI will give me the "No Signal" all day long. I tweaked the settings and it seems to be holding for longer than I remember, but it's only been an hour. We'll see if it holds. I have never been able to get BI to provide the "split screen" 360 image and I am unsure of how to do that. I selected "360 camera" and "ceiling" mount in the settings but it has no effect. I also cannot get smooth video out of this camera, although the Geov app also gives jerky video so it's something in the camera settings I would assume. I have frame rate set to 25, which is the max.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread .. Just as an aside .. I too have the 12203 (for over a year now) and I have always had the same intermittent problem where BI will give me the "No Signal" all day long. I tweaked the settings and it seems to be holding for longer than I remember, but it's only been an hour. We'll see if it holds. I have never been able to get BI to provide the "split screen" 360 image and I am unsure of how to do that. I selected "360 camera" and "ceiling" mount in the settings but it has no effect. I also cannot get smooth video out of this camera, although the Geov app also gives jerky video so it's something in the camera settings I would assume. I have frame rate set to 25, which is the max.
blue iris can only display the 360 view on playback, not live video.

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
blue iris can only display the 360 view on playback, not live video.
Thanks! Makes sense.

I will add that since the tweaks I made to my settings from this thread yesterday, and for the first time in a year I've had this camera, it has remained available in BI. Hopefully, that holds. I was about to sell it on fleaBay and move on to another. My only problem now is that it only shows jerky video like it's at low frame rate although I have it set to 29.997 in BI and high bitrate on the camera itself. I checked the Geovision viewer and it also displays jerky so it is not BI that is causing the problem but the camera itself. Quite disappointing for a "12MP" camera that wasn't necessarily cheap. Latest firmware too.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Makes sense.

I will add that since the tweaks I made to my settings from this thread yesterday, and for the first time in a year I've had this camera, it has remained available in BI. Hopefully, that holds. I was about to sell it on fleaBay and move on to another. My only problem now is that it only shows jerky video like it's at low frame rate although I have it set to 29.997 in BI and high bitrate on the camera itself. I checked the Geovision viewer and it also displays jerky so it is not BI that is causing the problem but the camera itself. Quite disappointing for a "12MP" camera that wasn't necessarily cheap. Latest firmware too.
Try lowering the bitrate.