Ghosting; clock feezing then jumping forward

stp85

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman, thanks. I can't think how the problem could be the cables--unless there was suddenly some deterioration (instantly, the minute the new NVR was installed).
The original camera system worked perfectly for nearly three years until two of the cameras developed problems with their IR. The security company replaced the system--but installed an older model NVR with newer model cameras (that fact was pointed out by people on this thread).
Now they've installed a DS7604 NI-K1/4P with 3x 4 MP 2DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras. My question, I suppose, is, once again: are these components compatible?

stp85

n3wb
Reaction score
System -> Maintenance -> Upgrade & Maintenance tab -> click button Diagnose Information.
Open the log in a text editor and under "dmesg", look at the bottom of that section.
This NVR has Maintenance->Log information, then the general log I've described above. I've looked throughout the menu and can't find anything that gives the opportunity to diagnose (other than packet loss test, in Network--but I can't run that sort of packet loss test as the system is not connected to the internet).

Vico

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah yes, it’s not on the NVR it’s directly on the camera webpage.

stp85

n3wb
Reaction score
alastairstevenson, could I possibly trouble you for an opinion/suggested remedy? Thanks. Can't send you a PM as I can't find a PM facility on the site.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
alastairstevenson, could I possibly trouble you for an opinion/suggested remedy? Thanks. Can't send you a PM as I can't find a PM facility on the site.
I think what would be useful for people to constructively comment on would be screenshots of some of the system settings that may be related to the symptoms you are seeing. There could be suggested changes that might accentuate or alleviate the symptoms to help determine the cause.

Of particular interest will be the settings in the NVR web GUI for -
Configuration | Video Audio for each camera
Storage | Storage Management | HDD Detection the SMART values

There may well be grumbling cable issues that could affect the network, but without access to the internals of the camera or NVR or a managed switch, there is no diagnostic information to check.

stp85

n3wb
Reaction score
I had been wondering if I should upload images of the system settings. The system is not connected to the 'net. I'll take photos of the monitor showing the settings and upload them. Probably not today as today is proving hectic. Thanks for that.

stp85

n3wb
Reaction score
The security company attended. Their suggested fix: lower the frame rate to 15fps.
I suspected lowering the frame rate would make no difference.
They lowered the frame rate. It made no difference.
After some discussion, they replaced the DS-7604-NI-K1/4P with a newer model DS-7608-NI-I2/8P.

There were some immediate issues/questions they could not answer. I will start a new thread and I'm hoping members here might have some helpful suggestions. New thread: Hikvision NVR DS-7608-NI-I2/8P. Duplication of files; frame rate settings
Sincere thanks to all of you for your replies to my posts in this thread.

Last edited: