GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

Gribeiro

n3wb
Reaction score
We are back with the same issue again lol :mad-new:.. even the ip now doesnt work and in my Foscam camera everything still works :nuts: . I already sent again an email to Hikvision talking about this big issue.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed the gmail failure is back again about 12 hours ago.

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine stopped today. Remotely restarted, hard reboot, nothing seems to work, even changing the SMTP server to numerical ip. :(

Gribeiro

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep nothing working now. The only way is private domain, without SSL, port 25 and waiting for Hikvision to resolve this issue(or not) :miserable:

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks for confirming that. How long does it usually take hikvision to fix it?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Gribeiro

n3wb
Reaction score
They already replied to me (My version: 5.3.0 build 150814)

Hikvision Support: Try to upgrade the firmware of your device to version 5.3.3 build 150804

I will try to do this and check if everything goes back to normal.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Gmail hookup is no longer working as of this morning, too. I am using an LTS 4k NVR.

So... What do we do? Is there any other free email provider that will work?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ugh!

I should have known to come here first. After hours of troubleshooting last night after notifications just stopped all of a sudden, creating a whole new gmail account, tweaking settings... I find this post.

BUMMER! does anyone know if the Hik NVR's work with att.net? Maybe I can just create a new account under my att and use that, while we find a workaround for gmail.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ugh!

I should have known to come here first. After hours of troubleshooting last night after notifications just stopped all of a sudden, creating a whole new gmail account, tweaking settings... I find this post.

BUMMER! does anyone know if the Hik NVR's work with att.net? Maybe I can just create a new account under my att and use that, while we find a workaround for gmail.
I just tried with ZOHO, no dice there.

Reaction score
i just got off the phone with tech support from place I bought my 2 cameras (Nellys) They were unaware of issue, researched it, called me back and they confirmed it is due to gmail / ssl isue. No fix until new firmware is released. They have contacted Hikvision about the issue. Nelly's has been fielding calls all day from people having the same issue.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I emailed LTS support to advise them of the problem. Hopefully all the vendors can put pressure on Hik to issue a fix. At best that is going to be... well... a long time. Even if Hik is interested in fixing an issue with one provider, I expect it will take months for fixes to roll out through the domestic vendors. We need a plan B.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UGH KILL ME NOW, everything was working until 2 days ago, i did NOTHING and all of a sudden it stopped and hadn't realized. i've tried everything, new gmail, tried yahoo, tried ip, tried with and without ssl have been going crazy. so as i see there is no solution i'm in good company and just should STFU? i know the cameras can see the world and are accessible from the world, they along with the NVR access NTP just fine so i know there is comm back/forth. please keep thread updated with any information as it comes available.

gamblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Great news fellas, I've found a work around by signing up for a yandex account.

Here are the smtp settings:

server: smtp.yandex.com
port: 465
SSL enabled

You can tag thanks if this helps you. :)

Good-luck

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Great news fellas, I've found a work around by signing up for a yandex account.

Here are the smtp settings:

server: smtp.yandex.com
port: 465
SSL enabled

You can tag thanks if this helps you. :)

Good-luck
Not working for me. Fails to send test msg. Tried both with and without @yandex.com in the user name :(

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

gamblor

n3wb
Reaction score
That's odd. Still working perfectly for me. I am on version 5.2.5 if that helps.

I am using xxx@yandex.com format for the username. Try saving the settings, might help.

These are my settings

sender: hikvision
Sender's address: xxx@yandex.com
SMTP server: smtp.yandex.com
SMTP port: 465
Enable SSL: on
Interval:2sec attachments on
Authentication: on
username:xxx@yandex.com

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried yandex as well with all possible combinations quoted above. It does not work. Fails to send test email.

gamblor

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you guys.

I should point out, that i'm using a gmail account for the receivers address, although this shouldn't matter.

It might help others out to list which firmware version you are using.