GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
downloaded IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707 firmware....debating whether I should give it a twirl, and probably brick them.
Any ideas? Any firmware that supports TSL for my cams?
If your cameras are running 'hacked to EN firmware', this CN firmware will be rejected at a web GUI update, but will likely be OK via a Hikvision tftp updater update. In this case, the result will be CN menus. Not a major problem for configuration (use the Batch Configuration Tool in English) but a language-mismatch nuisance if you'd had a Hikvision NVR.
If your cameras have had the 'mtd hack' to convert to EN, the CN firmware will be rejected by either method, but the EN/ML firmware may work, depending on the detail in the mtdblock6. I'm assuming the 3132 is the same hardware as the R0 series.
I no longer get alerts, which is the reason I bought them.
What to do?
There is always the 'enhanced mtd hack' which has a pretty good chance of working, if these are R0 cameras.

melli

n3wb
Reaction score
If your cameras are running 'hacked to EN firmware', this CN firmware will be rejected at a web GUI update, but will likely be OK via a Hikvision tftp updater update. In this case, the result will be CN menus. Not a major problem for configuration (use the Batch Configuration Tool in English) but a language-mismatch nuisance if you'd had a Hikvision NVR.
If your cameras have had the 'mtd hack' to convert to EN, the CN firmware will be rejected by either method, but the EN/ML firmware may work, depending on the detail in the mtdblock6. I'm assuming the 3132 is the same hardware as the R0 series.

There is always the 'enhanced mtd hack' which has a pretty good chance of working, if these are R0 cameras.
Thanks Alastair!
I don't have a NVR, and I will never get a Hikvision NVR....lol
Not familiar with EN/ML firmware...International site?
Hikvision tftp updater update? Haven't seen that program on Hiks site.
When I get the nerve to brick one, I'll let you know how it turns out.

I guess a big question for me, does the IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707 firmware 'likely' have the TSL option?
No point killing them if firmware doesn't even have that update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW - go two emails from Hikvision 'Support';

Hi,
Yes it's a grey market camera.
You can simply tell it from the serial number, in which CH represents China.
DS-2CD3132-I20150601CCCHXXXXXXXXXX
I'm sorry to say there is no firmware for this kind of camera.
I suggest you purchase from our authorized distributor and none of the shops in any online shops is our distributor.

best regards
Jimmy Jiang

Hikvision Digital Technology

AND

Hello,

Unfortunately the product was purchased through an unauthorized distributor and because of that there isn’t much that can be done, you could try going back to the original point of purchase to see if they can assit. We do apologize.

Have a great day.
Best Regards,

Lupita Dominguez

Inside Sales Representative
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Joy.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not familiar with EN/ML firmware...International site?
A good selection here, with the caveat about the R0 series : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Hikvision tftp updater update? Haven't seen that program on Hiks site.
They took it off ages back - but, when it's out, it's out, with the internet. A copy of the tool, and instructions (not the firmware), in the link in the first post here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
BTW - go two emails from Hikvision 'Support';
I suppose they're only doing what they've been told to do - be unhelpful to a certain class of their customers, who are still their customers nonetheless.
I guess a big question for me, does the IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707 firmware 'likely' have the TSL option?
To be honest - I don't recall. I'm pretty sure there will be some posts here that specify which version fixed the gmail issue, I have a recollection it preceded the 5.4.1 'backdoor fix' release.