Good motion alarm sensing IP camera recommendation

GRRad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am looking for a good (wifi) PTZ outdoor camera with IR and motion detection alarm (email, ftp) capabilities. I am currently using three Dericam cameras, which are good in all aspects except motion sensing. They trigger hundreds of alarms in a few hours, caused by rain drops falling, small insects flying across in night, shadows caused by sun moving in-out of clouds etc.
I am looking for cameras which can help tune motion sensing thru say size of objects or similar capability to filter out false positives.

Do Hikvision cameras have such capabilities? Advice about any other suitable brand is welcome too. Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am looking for a good (wifi) PTZ outdoor camera with IR and motion detection alarm (email, ftp) capabilities. I am currently using three Dericam cameras, which are good in all aspects except motion sensing. They trigger hundreds of alarms in a few hours, caused by rain drops falling, small insects flying across in night, shadows caused by sun moving in-out of clouds etc.
I am looking for cameras which can help tune motion sensing thru say size of objects or similar capability to filter out false positives.

Do Hikvision cameras have such capabilities? Advice about any other suitable brand is welcome too. Thanks.
Welcome GRRad,

In general WiFi is not reliable for security cameras, so most of us are going with PoE options instead.

There are a number of Hikvision and Dahua PTZs which are quality products and worth taking a look at.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

GRRad

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome GRRad,

In general WiFi is not reliable for security cameras, so most of us are going with PoE options instead.

There are a number of Hikvision and Dahua PTZs which are quality products and worth taking a look at.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.
Thanks Mat200. Will review the notes and revert back.