Good PTZ Recommendation?

brad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good night PTZ for outdoor (covered) use via POE? 2MP+. Really like starting lens of 2.8mm. Prefer under $500 USD.

I have 10+ IP cams on Blue Iris. New to Hikvision and love 'em (bullets and domes). Was looking at Reolink's (http://www.amazon.com/Reolink-4-Megapixel-2560x1440-Motorized-Waterproof/dp/B016UCNP08/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8) but hate they require software install to manage.

Kind of like this Trendnet: http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-TV-IP430PI-Resolution-Auto-Focus-monitoring/dp/B00XREKS8A/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1450627568&sr=8-27&keywords=ptz+outdoor+night+ip+camera but I've never used Trendnet before and don't know the quality.

Saw this, but no reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2DE4220-AE-OUTDOOR-MINI-1080P/dp/B00QWZIEG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450631827&sr=8-1&keywords=hikvision+ptz

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

brad

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman: Interesting! Thanks.

I'm looking at Hikvision, but models are confusing. Can't find good specs / details even on the manufacture's website for models for sale on Amazon, or other retailers. Models on Hikvision's website, are hard to find or much higher priced.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman: Interesting! Thanks.

I'm looking at Hikvision, but models are confusing. Can't find good specs / details even on the manufacture's website for models for sale on Amazon, or other retailers. Models on Hikvision's website, are hard to find or much higher priced.
Read the forum..most of the hikvision stuff on amazon is China region...you need to be careful where you buy from..there is also a thread on cheap huisun ptz cameras that perform well, though the reliability is not proven yet.

Reaction score
Hello Guys, i bought the Trendnet IP430 and would to re firmware it to the HIKVision, as i use a HIKVision NVR. Can anyone send me the firmware as i can't find it on all the HIKVision sites? thank you PS. does anybody know if there is a HIKVision product which is like Trendnet TV-IP343PI to also reconfigure the firmware?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, i bought the Trendnet IP430 and would to re firmware it to the HIKVision, as i use a HIKVision NVR. Can anyone send me the firmware as i can't find it on all the HIKVision sites? thank you PS. does anybody know if there is a HIKVision product which is like Trendnet TV-IP343PI to also reconfigure the firmware?
Whats wrong with the trendnet firmware. You risk bricking your camera if you dont know what you are doing.

Reaction score
well the HIK Firmware is just more stable on the other Trendnet cams i have and gives more options (and much better language translation). So does anyone have the firmware for it? And Does anybody know if there is a HIK Vision alternative for the IP343PI as well??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
well the HIK Firmware is just more stable on the other Trendnet cams i have and gives more options (and much better language translation). So does anyone have the firmware for it? And Does anybody know if there is a HIK Vision alternative for the IP343PI as well??
there is a hik model like that...look through the website.