GoSwift vs other models?

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm very new here, but looking to get started with an 8-camera system + NVR. My planned setup is to have an NVR output POE to a POE splitter. The splitter will power both the camera and an external IR LED lamp (to avoid getting spider webs on the cameras). I use Linux/Chromebooks/Android, so looking to avoid anything that needs Windows.

I was thinking to get this starter kit (NSN-608(4K)-8P + 8× NSC-208G-BT), but then I saw the GoSwift package, which seems pretty similar, but is massively cheaper. A few questions I couldn't find answers to:
  • What are the differences between these products? What explains the massive price difference?
  • Does the GoSwift use passive POE or 802.3af, or something else? If passive, what's the voltage?
  • Would I be able to upgrade some cameras to NSC-264GS-BTZ (variable focal length) on the GoSwift?
  • Can I disable IR LED on either system? (Since I plan to have separate IR LED lamps)
Thanks so much! I'm excited to find this community!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i wouldn't worry about spiders and external IR until you've got things set up and determine it's a real problem for you or not.
The NVR PoE ports may well not support the extra power requirements anyways...

i can't speak to either of those systems, other than to say Nelly's is a reputable OEM, so the products should all be reliable...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i wouldn't worry about spiders and external IR until you've got things set up and determine it's a real problem for you or not.
The NVR PoE ports may well not support the extra power requirements anyways...

i can't speak to either of those systems, other than to say Nelly's is a reputable OEM, so the products should all be reliable...
spiders have and always been a problem with these mini bullet style cams...once installed its too late..

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
For me here in northern California, the bullets have been no more susceptible to spiders than my other cams, so perhaps it depends on your location, weather, where installed, etc...

I agree that if you are concerned about spiders where you live, bullets may not be the best choice.
One could add external IR after the fact if needed, but if you are already planning on it, just go with eyeball/turrets...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For me here in northern California, the bullets have been no more susceptible to spiders than my other cams, so perhaps it depends on your location, weather, where installed, etc...

I agree that if you are concerned about spiders where you live, bullets may not be the best choice.
One could add external IR after the fact if needed, but if you are already planning on it, just go with eyeball/turrets...
It's a huge problem everywhere.... There is a distinction between bullets that have two or four IR LEDs away from the lens and the bullets op posted which have a circular ring around the lens.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Yes, since I'm doing a new installation now, I want to plan for spider webs since I have had issues in the past w/ my previous residence.

Still, I was hoping someone from Nelly's Security or who is knowledgeable would be able to comment on the difference between these two systems.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Nelly's Just Put out a new video comparing GoSwift to Dahua and Hikvision similar models.

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 of the GoSwift cams, they're actually pretty great! They aren't a Starlight or Darkfighter but very good regardless.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Yes, since I'm doing a new installation now, I want to plan for spider webs since I have had issues in the past w/ my previous residence.

Still, I was hoping someone from Nelly's Security or who is knowledgeable would be able to comment on the difference between these two systems.
I apologize for the late reply, I didn't see this until today. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

I'll be able to answer your other questions in detail tomorrow morning, sorry again for the delay!