Hall of shame

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I was walking by some of the control backplates at work today when I glanced at one of our green horn panel builders backplate. I about shit. Fiber optic cable. He decided to dress up the bundle with zipties....

Attachments

Reaction score
I was walking by some of the control backplates at work today when I glanced at one of our green horn panel builders backplate. I about shit. Fiber optic cable. He decided to dress up the bundle with zipties....
Yeah. Crushing a Fiber Optic cable like that is not too smart. I would definitely test any crushed cables. I don't mind the zip tie color, but crushing is a no-no with Fiber Optic.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah. Crushing a Fiber Optic cable like that is not too smart. I would definitely test any crushed cables. I don't mind the zip tie color, but crushing is a no-no with Fiber Optic.
That's your opinion! My opinion is that those cables needed securing. Job done!

I'm joking of course, and was in my post above also...Sarcasm doesn't always come through these interweb tubes clearly...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's your opinion! My opinion is that those cables needed securing. Job done!

I'm joking of course, and was in my post above also...Sarcasm doesn't always come through these interweb tubes clearly...
FWIW, I knew you were joking....or were a moron </end sarcasm> .
:lmao:

But you are right, which is why I frequently use the above HTML-like tag

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Luckily the Cat 5 is holding Ciscos from getting damaged LOL, not mention about 4 other rack devices. I don't know if they gently opened it up for Service or if it fell.
If you look closely, that is tension rated Cat 5; so it's not a problem. If you try to put it in compression then you'd have problems.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The interesting thing here is that is a swingframe cabinet and it appears the actual hinges have broken.
They're usually quite robust and there doesn't look to be too much gear in there but maybe there was some big heavy gear sitting on top of it.
Maybe a UPS.
You're so right. Good eye! ......it appears busted.
I'll lay odds someone wanted something on that shelf above the rack and grabbed it for a boost and....Ta Da!

cab-hinge.jpg

Reaction score
muahahha...hahaha....oh boy.... wow....ahahahaha. I just had to say something about this :)
Though we sell many of these types of cabinets to commercial folks, I always tell them about max LBS. If they are the robust heavy duty items, I refer to Chatsworth productos (still love their wall rack with 4 hinge points) or a simple 2 post floor rack.