Hard drive stopped recycling itself?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah. Now you know. I think they need to have a beta channel and a stable release channel.

I uploaded update64_4.5.9.2 for you which is the last stable release that I used before this problem

update64_4.5.9.2.exe - AnonFile

I deleted my whole database folder (C:\BlueIris\db) and repair/regenerated just in case after new install. This was after deleting enough footage from my New folder to make room.

Edit: let me know if that doesn't work. Since I installed BP2008's Update tool I see I have 5 versions going back to 4.5.4.0 (big thanks to BP2008!!)

Last edited:

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you kind sir for that link... this should get me going fine.

I've gone and got the BP2008's update tool myself, and hopefully now I will not have these update issues again.

I only signed up to this forum after have this recycling issue, so was totally unaware that such big bugs could still come through on what one would expect to be the release channel.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly this is a joke, this bug was fixed in the last version. Then a new version is released a few days ago and it's back again! Does this guy understand he's crap is affecting security, I paid to have my surveillance videos stored securely, that's not the case at the moment!

I emailed support immediately but no response.

Can someone post the previous version please?
Follow simple rules like WAITING to update, downloading the updates so you can revert back and you wont have problems...I have 20 blue iris systems and have no issues because I dont do stupid things like update the immediately after a release....its really that simple...you can move to another package that only issues updates once a year....no new features...OR your can turn your auto update off....
Seems like you are not happy, let us know what VMS you move to, would love to know of something better at anywhere close to 60..
You have a disease that many suffer from...its called OCD, you MUST have the latest update...relax, dont push every update immediately...you paid 60 dollars, which is NOTHING in an industry that charges 50-150 PER camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you restart your box and BI says there's an update, and I am not part of the beta team, then I expect it to be working. I don't rush in to updating for the hell of it , and I don't have OCD either !

As has been suggested, a 'rollback' function would make life a lot easier, but now I'm stuck on this broken version, manually moving files to keep my system running.

Not happy ! :(
You dont need a rollback function...if you follow basic rules and simply download the update from the website you can roll back to any version yourself...DISABLE AUTO UPDATE and WAIT a week before installing a new release...You DO have OCD if you updated two days after a release..this is basic common sense for ALL critical software applications..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you restart your box and BI says there's an update, and I am not part of the beta team, then I expect it to be working. I don't rush in to updating for the hell of it , and I don't have OCD either !

As has been suggested, a 'rollback' function would make life a lot easier, but now I'm stuck on this broken version, manually moving files to keep my system running.

Not happy ! :(
You dont need a rollback function...if you follow basic rules and simply download the update from the website you can roll back to any version yourself...DISABLE AUTO UPDATE and WAIT a week before installing a new release...You DO have OCD if you updated two days after a release..this is basic common sense for ALL critical software applications..
As I stated to others, move to a vms that only pushes updates once a year with no new features...let us know how much you pay and how it works out for you...you do understand that the only reason the price is able to be set at 60 dollars is there is one single developer right? so be smart, use common sense and enjoy this 60 dollar basically free software..

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really fendermong, do you really have to be such a dropkick with your comments to everyone ?

Here I am having come unstuck after doing what the software suggests that you do, and keeping up to date.

Don't need you bloody smartarsed and extremely rude comments about us supposedly suffering from OCD at every single opportunity.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Really fendermong, do you really have to be such a dropkick with your comments to everyone ?

Here I am having come unstuck after doing what the software suggests that you do, and keeping up to date.

Don't need you bloody smartarsed and extremely rude comments about us supposedly suffering from OCD at every single opportunity.
Dont like my comments you are welcome to leave my forum...here we dont sugar coat, this is not a college safe space....stop whining like a child and think a bit...

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How would one save older updates in case of a problem? If you did roll back to an older update would that also negate any positive attributes of the newer upgrade?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How would one save older updates in case of a problem? If you did roll back to an older update would that also negate any positive attributes of the newer upgrade?
when you download the update from the website it is saved to your pc...dont delete it...yes it will roll back any new features..

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You do the opposite to what the software recommends you do, you download the updates manually, otherwise you'll get accused of having OCD ! :(

Everything I've read with BI is that you should use the auto update feature, but here we have the murderator telling us to do the opposite to the default settings within BI.

It is a big difference to sugar coating versus being simply rude and insulting to people. I know I'm not the first be accused of having OCD, and I guess I won't be the last to be insulted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You do the opposite to what the software recommends you do, you download the updates manually, otherwise you'll get accused of having OCD ! :(

Everything I've read with BI is that you should use the auto update feature, but here we have the murderator telling us to do the opposite to the default settings within BI.

It is a big difference to sugar coating versus being simply rude and insulting to people. I know I'm not the first be accused of having OCD, and I guess I won't be the last to be insulted.
Where did you read ANYTHING telling you that "you should use the auto update feature"? Why do you feel the need to lie? Stop with your ocd...you are not the first and wont be the last person who is called out for being an idiot....Now a liar as well..

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My uncle is OCD and now I know how they came to a diagnosis. He clicked the auto update box. RIP Uncle Dave's Blue Iris setup.

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just for the record, I tried the update to 4.6.0.2 last night, and the BUG is still there.

It fails to move from New to Stored, so I've had to go back to an old version.

One would have thought a 'showstopper' bug, that has been reported, would have been fixed with that update that came out. :(

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried 4.6.0.3 and that bug is still there.

Gone back to a pre 4.6.0 version to keep things working here.

Very damned disappointing that even reporting the bug, it is still there after two, maybe 3 updates have come out since. :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried 4.6.0.3 and that bug is still there.

Gone back to a pre 4.6.0 version to keep things working here.

Very damned disappointing that even reporting the bug, it is still there after two, maybe 3 updates have come out since. :(
terrible, just terrible...maybe it cant be replicated in testing...move back to an older version and relax.

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried out 4.6.1.0 and it is still broken. :(

back again to 4.5.9.4 for now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • Fixed a bug which resulted in "movefile 2" errors in the log and files not being moved on some systems.