Hardware verification for 15 to 20 cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you can ban me. But I do disagree with you.
I dont ban for disagreeing...I simply stated that if you dont like the fact that I call stupid comments and statements out as being such then you can leave. This forum has never been and never will be a safe space...there are other camera forums for that...last I checked they are either shut down or full of spam by indian spammers offering help with windows...

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree, I have not, I figured it was coming at some point. The only person on this forum that seems "not" to want it is you. Back awhile ago when IntelHD was added, it was a good 1st step. Any one that disagrees with your posts gets called "Stupid". Sorry, I disagree with you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, I have not, I figured it was coming at some point. The only person on this forum that seems "not" to want it is you. Back awhile ago when IntelHD was added, it was a good 1st step. Any one that disagrees with your posts gets called "Stupid". Sorry, I disagree with you.
No only stupid people who disagree with me are called stupid..lets be clear...
I didnt say I didnt want it...dont put words in my mouth..I simply explained why its pointless for 99.999 percent of users...get the difference?
You dont seem to want it either, since you admit that all this time, despite bitching about it, NEVER emailed the developer to ask...

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont ban for disagreeing...I simply stated that if you dont like the fact that I call stupid comments and statements out as being such then you can leave. This forum has never been and never will be a safe space...there are other camera forums for that...last I checked they are either shut down or full of spam by indian spammers offering help with windows...
And you are right, most of the things you say are right on the money. Sometimes you say the dumbest shit that makes me think you are a 20 year old in your parents basement that installed his first surveillance system for his cousin so he could watch his house get TP'd. It's not a safe space.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nvidia acceleration is a step backwards for 99.999 percent of users...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And you are right, most of the things you say are right on the money. Sometimes you say the dumbest shit that makes me think you are a 20 year old in your parents basement that installed his first surveillance system for his cousin so he could watch his house get TP'd. It's not a safe space.
I may be...really none of your business...your responses to this thread and not understand basic subjects like the actual ppf difference between 2mp and 4mp as well as frame rates tells me you are an IT guy way out of your league when it comes to ip cameras....you should not be installing and/or in change of any of this equipment.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nvidia acceleration is a step backwards for 99.999 percent of users...
Reading this forum, I doubt that is true. With either Radeon or Nvidia acceleration sales would double. People that use BI are not interested in low performance or they would just by a ready made NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reading this forum, I doubt that is true. With either Radeon or Nvidia acceleration sales would double. People that use BI are not interested in low performance or they would just by a ready made NVR.
You do understand that this forum only a small fraction of blue iris users are members of this forum? and another small fraction (perhaps 20 or so have posted in the last few years about wanting to run huge loads)?
You are assuming that without nvidia, blue iris is low performance...that is the furthest thing from the truth..how is 30 1080p cams at 20fps low performance?
Sales would not double...that is simply a made up stat...do you think the blue iris developer is moron?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may be...really none of your business...your responses to this thread and not understand basic subjects like the actual ppf difference between 2mp and 4mp as well as frame rates tells me you are an IT guy way out of your league when it comes to ip cameras....you should not be installing and/or in change of any of this equipment.
Your responses tell me you are stuck in the 2000's and don't understand the difference when you digitally zoom a 2mp vs a 4mp vs a 8mp camera. You don't even make sense.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your responses tell me you are stuck in the 2000's and don't understand the difference when you digitally zoom a 2mp vs a 4mp vs a 8mp camera. You don't even make sense.
You do understand that 4mp is not double the ppf of a 2mp camera right? Let that sink in for a sec..amateur move chasing megapixels.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Spend the extra money on a motorized varifocal and get the same or better pixels per foot than your 4mp fixed camera because you can get just the right amount of coverage...you dont need a 4mp camera to count cash at a register...it was dont long before 4mp was around with the proper optics...

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You do understand that this forum only a small fraction of blue iris users are members of this forum? and another small fraction (perhaps 20 or so have posted in the last few years about wanting to run huge loads)?
You are assuming that without nvidia, blue iris is low performance...that is the furthest thing from the truth..how is 30 1080p cams at 20fps low performance?
Sales would not double...that is simply a made up stat...do you think the blue iris developer is moron?
Nope, I think you are making up your own stats. Cameras are cheap, the people that use BI install it themselves. They always want to add another camera. Basically I'm done for the night. I think you've lost touch. Anyone that brings up GPU's get's instantly crushed and called "Stupid" by the defacto moderator of this forum. Frankly, you sound like an old guy that thanks anybody that buys a new car, should have bought used one. I don't want used. Good night.

Still respect your work on here.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spend the extra money on a motorized varifocal and get the same or better pixels per foot than your 4mp fixed camera because you can get just the right amount of coverage...you dont need a 4mp camera to count cash at a register...it was dont long before 4mp was around with the proper optics...
I don't want a PTZ, I want a fixed camera that acts like a PTZ and can be used that way in review. Record the full field of view, PeterTedZed Later.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, I think you are making up your own stats. Cameras are cheap, the people that use BI install it themselves. They always want to add another camera. Basically I'm done for the night. I think you've lost touch. Anyone that brings up GPU's get's instantly crushed and called "Stupid" by the defacto moderator of this forum. Frankly, you sound like an old guy that thanks anybody that buys a new car, should have bought used one. I don't want used. Good night.

Still respect your work on here.
Yes, blue iris would have tens of thousands of additional units sold because there are about that many folks out there who need more than 30 cameras and instead of using BI they went with a commercial solution for 70-100 dollars per camera....now that is stupid...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want a PTZ, I want a fixed camera that acts like a PTZ and can be used that way in review. Record the full field of view, PeterTedZed Later.
Who said anything about a ptz? motorized varifocal...
Again you dont understand that there is very little pixel density gain going from 2mp to 4mp..that is fact...your lack of this basic understanding is frightening....you cant get close to the effect of a varifocal by simply going from 2mp to 4mp..its a negligible increase..the fact that you think you are getting a significant increase so that you can ptz later points to your ignorance. Its almost as if you never actually compared a 2mp camera to a 4mp with the same sensor size...

Last edited:

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know what a motorize varifocal is. You don't understand that you can digitally zoom a high pixel density without loss of clarity on a lessor dense monitor. IE you can use it as a PTZ after it's recorded. Basically you've not used BI to it's potential and never used a real CMS. BI is almost as good.

Hey, Got to go. Good night. Have a good day tomorrow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what a motorize varifocal is. You don't understand that you can digitally zoom a high pixel density without loss of clarity on a lessor dense monitor. IE you can use it as a PTZ after it's recorded. Basically you've not used BI to it's potential and never used a real CMS. BI is almost as good.

Hey, Got to go. Good night. Have a good day tomorrow.
NO YOU CANNOT - there is little additional pixel density to use. I never said anything about a monitor...What I said was that there is very little pixel destiny gain going from 2mp to 4mp....the fact that you think otherwise points to your ignorance...
Lets start with this, do you know what the pixel density for a hikvision 1080p 1/3 sensor camera is at 10 feet? What is the pixel density using a 4mp 1/3 sensor camera? Thought so...
Now tell me how much more you can zoom in after the fact with a 4mp camera?
Your statements above is why I rightfully called you stupid. You are inept and a liability to your employer.