Harvest 2019

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your vid is so clear! What is are your cameras? It seems like when I watch my video its seems almost like its under a strobe light

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its definitely a Hikvision :lol: Now just need the model #

Your vid is so clear! What is are your cameras? It seems like when I watch my video its seems almost like its under a strobe light

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is that definitely a Hikvision?

All I can tell is that it is from Blue Iris and the recording / export process has mistakenly added most of the text overlays twice. Probably because that cam isn't recording direct-to-disc and some of the metadata got lost (maybe its record to MP4).

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oops, my mistake :embarrassed: , the text overlays on top of the screen made it look like a Hikvision. Somehow, I noticed that Hikvision uses a specific font for date and time and camera name

After you pointed out, I just noticed this was recorded in Blue Iris :lol: upon playing the video in full screen. The text overlay makes it obvious :D

Why is that definitely a Hikvision?

All I can tell is that it is from Blue Iris and the recording / export process has mistakenly added most of the text overlays twice. Probably because that cam isn't recording direct-to-disc and some of the metadata got lost (maybe its record to MP4).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a matter of perspective. If you give someone who is starving a McDonalds hamburger, it would be wonderful for them! compared to mine, that's pretty darn clear. :(
You must be using old 720 P or VGA cameras

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
sadly i am not using that camera at the moment because the IR leds have burned out. total bummer. Camera still works but there is no night vision.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i considered a external ir illuminator but its a ptz camera....so i would not be able to use the ptz at night. the illuminator would only point one direction...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Jerry rig/kludge a mount for it so it piggybacks off the camera then. I don't think the load will effect the PTZ at all. (I'm a cheap old bird)

Alternately, use a few IRs and illuminate the whole area.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think its great. Wow.....300. To me, that's a lot of money to just look at something for the fun of it. If it were to protect a business or thousands of dollars of stuff then yeah. I'm just speaking for my own use though. For me, I'm just in a position that I get to look at possums and raccoons passing by at night. I'm in a neighborhood, so we do get some traffic going by the house but I don't HAVE to be able to identify them. I do admire your setup though.