Have different settings for day and night modes?

bobbear

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no benefit to the bullet over turret. The bullet will have way more spider web issues. The 2055 is terrible in low light and at night compared to the hik low light cameras.
It's horses for courses, (some of my cameras are surreptitiously mounted on trees for instance). I never said that the 2055's low light performance was exceptional, although it is certainly not "terrible" - the original spec. for it is the standard Color: 0.01 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.028lux @(F2.0, AGC ON), 0 lux with IR. It's also a discontinued item & been in service for some time, so sure, there are obviously better low light performing cameras on the market now, (& more expensive..). I also have evaluated several newer 'Powered by Darkfighter' models, but to be fair, so far I haven't noticed a vast difference in low light performance to the standard spec. models.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's horses for courses, (some of my cameras are surreptitiously mounted on trees for instance). I never said that the 2055's low light performance was exceptional, although it is certainly not "terrible" - the original spec. for it is the standard Color: 0.01 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.028lux @(F2.0, AGC ON), 0 lux with IR. It's also a discontinued item & been in service for some time, so sure, there are obviously better low light performing cameras on the market now, (& more expensive..). I also have evaluated several newer 'Powered by Darkfighter' models, but to be fair, so far I haven't noticed a vast difference in low light performance to the standard spec. models.
You have not properly evaluated them. There is a huge difference. The spec is terrible relative to the new cameras and meaningless in general.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See the MANY reviews of the new low light cams. Search is your friend.

Reaction score
The reason you are having problems is this. But first I will give you a little bit of information Hikvision is ANNKE also your settings are the same as mine and I have the same problem. In the camera is a schedule switch setting which allows you to set a day (adjustment) and set a night ( adjustment ) both independent of each other, so you can get colour in the day and good Back/white/images at night or even colour images but because they are independent of each other at night and the day you can tweak the night setting to give colour now you can rename this to custom 1 if you wish and flip between day and custom 1 but here is your problem the grammar in the instructions inside the camera day/night switch makes you think you set the day then set the night and the auto setting in the same menu now allows you to flip between the two settings at sun rise and sun set Wrong. The label on the menu is wrong it should read IR on and IR off so the camera only use one setting (adjust to your requirements in the day) and sadly at night the IR cuts in using those settings only. If the smart suppliment light, BLC, WDR, HLC, MWB, AWT or Defog mode don't help your image sadly you are stuffed. So it's such a basic requirement, day and night time independent settings and All CCTV cameras don't have this function. So the school of thought is by the manufacturers is use IR leds hence BLK/white but moving objects are ghost like with over exposed faces and poor images at distance 10 metres. That's where The BLC.WDR etc etc come in. The only way you will ever have good pictures is if they Re write the software in ALL the camera's OUT THEIR to allow independent day and night settings or you put up lots of lights outside to make it daylight and leave the camera in day mode. A shitty solution really because if you can schedule a switch from day to night and get good colour images at night (because it's a timed fuction) 7.00pm to 7.00 am you could do it automatic with a software Re written (firmware) as you have all the functions avaliable. I have some realky expensive cameras 4MP, ptz ,vari focal cameras I have the same problem as you and Annke think it ok to use the same default setting in the day and night and don't recognise that day needs to be separate settings to the night settings and hikvision are re-badged as Annke if you read the data sheets they are identical.