Hell Yeah! Direct Deepstack Integration - 5.4.0 - March 31, 2021

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you guys running DS on your main cameras, or clones of the cameras?

I set it up on clones for some reason, I'm not sure why I did that

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you'll see detection times faster than mine because of the difference in CPUs. Hope it works out, let us all know what happens if/when you install one.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use DS both on clones, special purpose cameras, and on main cameras. It all depends on their FOV and if I want notifications or identified detections.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think you'll see detection times faster than mine because of the difference in CPUs. Hope it works out, let us all know what happens if/when you install one.
Now it might actually have to go on my Ryzen 5 though. My intel dell 3420 is low profile I believe. We'll see. If it doesn't fit then it goes in the Ryzen (with Ryzen 5 3400 cpu) which I think will work well also.

Plus the ryzen atx has more air space for cooling and slots for 3 more fans
Not easy to find a low profile with the specs and price you want. Tricky market right now.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The 970 is a full height, double width card so it does take some real estate on the mobo. I appreciate SFF, but prefer full or oversized cases just for this reason plus the extra air inside and fans for additional circulation/cooling.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 970 is a full height, double width card so it does take some real estate on the mobo. I appreciate SFF, but prefer full or oversized cases just for this reason plus the extra air inside and fans for additional circulation/cooling.
Ryzen it is then if that falls into my postbox

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SFF certainly has its place, but I will take and recommend full size all day long for various reasons, cooling and standard size PSU being two of the first :thumb:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got this one on offer, currently in communication with the seller negotiating:

Asus Gtx 970 Strix 4gb Gddr5 Oc Edition

250 USD.
The other one is the (same price)

Nvidea Geforce Gtx 970 Evga 4gb

Thoughts? Asus possibly?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got this one on offer, currently in communication with the seller negotiating:

Asus Gtx 970 Strix 4gb Gddr5 Oc Edition

250 USD.
The other one is the (same price)

Nvidea Geforce Gtx 970 Evga 4gb

Thoughts? Asus possibly?
I would be very cautious about used GPU's, that is just me, it should either work or not, there won't be much middle ground. Unless a fan issue or something similar.

I'd take the EVGA personally. If you can see which one has the better cooler then that might sway me, EVGA for build and warranty normally though, Asus should be pretty solid also.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would be very cautious about used GPU's, that is just me, it should either work or not, there won't be much middle ground. Unless a fan issue or something similar.

I'd take the EVGA personally. If you can see which one has the better cooler then that might sway me, EVGA for build and warranty normally though, Asus should be pretty solid also.
yep I've been umming and erring about used cards. The new ones are just sooo expensive right now.

I do have protection if the item is faulty (similar to ebay/paypal protection).
Both come in original packages with manuals etc.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yep I've been umming and erring about used cards. The new ones are just sooo expensive right now.

I do have protection if the item is faulty (similar to ebay/paypal protection).
Both come in original packages with manuals etc.
I managed to snag a 1660 for retail price from Amazon UK, don't ask me how, it just dropped in stock. Don't give up hope, EVGA are supplying retail price cards it seems, just that stocks are limited. Maybe just keep an eye out and put price watches on Amazon and other retailers if possible, location dependant of course. Many retailers are just cashing in but some will only sell at RRP.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've always stuck with EVGA for video cards and Asus for mobos. It's a toss up for sure, but I'd tend to go with the EVGA. Used cards can be a crap shoot, but the technology was moving fast back when the 970 came out so, if the users was a gamer, it might not have a whole lot of time on it. If it was used in crypto mining it might have had a lot of exercise though. Just gotta cross the fingers and hope. My 970 has been running pretty much flat out for almost five years, besides doing DS for the last six or eight months, and is still going strong.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've always stuck with EVGA for video cards and Asus for mobos. It's a toss up for sure, but I'd tend to go with the EVGA. Used cards can be a crap shoot, but the technology was moving fast back when the 970 came out so, if the users was a gamer, it might not have a whole lot of time on it. If it was used in crypto mining it might have had a lot of exercise though. Just gotta cross the fingers and hope. My 970 has been running pretty much flat out for almost five years, besides doing DS for the last six or eight months, and is still going strong.
Thanks, most users out there seem to prefer Evga for cards and Asus for boards I read.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same for me except I would add Gigabyte as a GPU option also, Asus or Intel when they were still in the game for motherboards. Bulletproof selection either way around :thumb:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, most users out there seem to prefer Evga for cards and Asus for boards I read.
No doubt, solid brands, solid warranty, Gigabyte GPU's also on my list, supplied plenty over the years, one or two went pop within the 3 years but were promptly swapped for the latest model :wow::thumb: