Hell Yeah! Direct Deepstack Integration - 5.4.0 - March 31, 2021

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, am I going mad (probably :lmao:) but when I put objects:0 or exdark:0 in the custom models box it used to disable that model, what am I missing??

I am trying to force the custom models off during the day profile essentially, also the default profile off at night. Normally I just put none or anything that isn't a custom model in the box but I would like to gain full control if possible!

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, adding :0 after any model seems to have no effect, maybe this is a GPU thing or a bug? :wtf:

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, adding :0 after any model seems to have no effect, maybe this is a GPU thing or a bug? :wtf:
Not sure about using the :0 myself. May be a new bug, since the help file does still mention you can do that. I use the standard model during the day, and dark custom model at night. In my day profile, I put just a comma, which skips all custom models and uses only the default. In my night profile I put just dark.pt which I don't believe disabled the default model though.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure about using the :0 myself. May be a new bug, since the help file does still mention you can do that. I use the standard model during the day, and dark custom model at night. In my day profile, I put just a comma, which skips all custom models and uses only the default. In my night profile I put just dark.pt which I don't believe disabled the default model though.
Thanks, I think a bug also, being able to use :% in 'To Confirm' has only just started working for me again on the latest release.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Your spec from GPU-Z look fine and I think the match, exactly, my NVidia card in terms of speed if my memory is working halfway right.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a GPU card that would work okay in a Dell OptiPlex 3010? Just looking to improve DS process time some without breaking the bank. Thanks!

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Asus 970 has a 0db fan option. Only turns on the fans after a default temp.
You can create custom curves also.
Not sure if I like the idea of having the fans off.
Especially as it's not new maybe best to turn this setting off and have the fans spinning slowly at least below the threshold?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New power supply ordered online this morning, arrived in 3 hours and installed so the seller coming tonight can test it on my pc also now.

View attachment 106266
The Asus 970 has a 0db fan option. Only turns on the fans after a default temp.
You can create custom curves also.
Not sure if I like the idea of having the fans off.
Especially as it's not new maybe best to turn this setting off and have the fans spinning slowly at least below the threshold?
Quite a few of these cards do, my 1660 is the same, fan comes on when required, normally during a heavy Deepstack event, then goes off again, card temp without fan is normally around 50 which I'm not too worried about. You could in theory run the fans all the time on low with a custom curve. Don't forget that the fans will most likely be the first thing to fail, so consider that also :thumb:

How are the processing times looking if you increase the settings, try the ExDark model maybe.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Quite a few of these cards do, my 1660 is the same, fan comes on when required, normally during a heavy Deepstack event, then goes off again, card temp without fan is normally around 50 which I'm not too worried about. You could in theory run the fans all the time on low with a custom curve. Don't forget that the fans will most likely be the first thing to fail, so consider that also :thumb:

How are the processing times looking if you increase the settings, try the ExDark model maybe.
tbh never heard of the exdark model. I'll have a look for sure. Although I do have my cams on full day colour at night as my areas are illuminated but I will try this custom model. Thanks

Also enabled the 0db fan as per your suggestion. Yep might be tricky replacing the fans if they fail. pc fans are pennies but these ones not sure.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
tbh never heard of the exdark model. I'll have a look for sure. Although I do have my cams on full day colour at night as my areas are illuminated but I will try this custom model. Thanks

Also enabled the 0db fan as per your suggestion. Yep might be tricky replacing the fans if they fail. pc fans are pennies but these ones not sure.
Likely no need for custom models if you are in a well lit area, only really for darker situations potentially. See how detection rates are with the default model.

Replacement fans for GPU's not so easy to come by, sadly not like case fans where you can buy a quality brand like Noctua :thumb:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The fans in the NVidias I have seem to be pretty high quality. I used to fool with temp curves for them, but decided the card had better temperature management than I did. So they've been running on their own ever since. The 970 for four years or so at least.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The fans in the NVidias I have seem to be pretty high quality. I used to fool with temp curves for them, but decided the card had better temperature management than I did. So they've been running on their own ever since. The 970 for four years or so at least.
Granted I have probably yet to see an actual fan failure in any I've supplied more recently - historically my money would be on a fan failure before chipset or similar. Gigabyte tend to be the quietest along with some MSi models, sadly none of the fans will be Noctua quality but those fans are £20-30 each. If my personal GPU was being pushed and fans weren't quiet I would be tempted to build a custom fan mount.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Granted I have probably yet to see an actual fan failure in any I've supplied more recently, Gigabyte tend to be the quietest along with some MSi models, sadly none of the fans will be Noctua quality but those fans are £20-30 each. If my personal GPU was being pushed and fans weren't quiet I would be tempted to build a custom fan mount.
The asus fans are super quiet. When on at 40% you cannot hear anything.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Likely no need for custom models if you are in a well lit area, only really for darker situations potentially. See how detection rates are with the default model.

Replacement fans for GPU's not so easy to come by, sadly not like case fans where you can buy a quality brand like Noctua :thumb:
Is there a default dark .pt custom model I can download? Sorry cannot see anything that is already created.
Thanks

Found it:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, am I going mad (probably :lmao:) but when I put objects:0 or exdark:0 in the custom models box it used to disable that model, what am I missing??

I am trying to force the custom models off during the day profile essentially, also the default profile off at night. Normally I just put none or anything that isn't a custom model in the box but I would like to gain full control if possible!
Maybe not the issue, but it is dark:0 not exdark:0