Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kendive, Dec 11, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Kendive

Kendive Getting the hang of it

The green ports 1-8 support ePoE & EoC but all 16 ports are PoE and it's a 32 ch and to get that you would have to add another switch. I have a few Cisco poe manageable switches but I don't think I would never need them 16 ch is enough for me, but might play around with that later.

mat200 likes this.
  2. Kendive

Well all is going well. Still playing around with the settings and temp hooked up 4 cameras. My Desk is a mess.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Wife and I are flying up north to visit family for a while. So the NVR will be put on the back burner. I will start pulling new Cat 6 when I get back. Fun Stuff.

Here is another pic for you all excuse the mess. Before you ask yes that is an HK MP5 SD that I have torn apart on top of the NVR. Gotta rip the REVO crap out and get this thing going!!! LOL

[​IMG]

Ckb3, bigredfish and mat200 like this.
  3. mat200

mat200 IPCT Contributor

I could use a few accessories to my security camera kit....

4. Kendive

Yea nothing like the worlds quietest sub gun on the market to go with you security system...

looney2ns, bigredfish and mat200 like this.
  5. Kendive

Well it has started. Got some Cat 6 and I had the Cat 5E already. Pulled about 9 drops today and put ends on the NVR side. Also Pulled Cat5E for the HDMI to Ethernet adapters for the monitor in the house. I have had my wife spoiled with a large monitor right next to the couch and see can see everything outside.

I started with at the Revo Elite PTZ Camera. Old system still up and running until I get all the drops in then I will start installing one camera at a time.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then after all that mess took some r&r and headed up to my property and did some shooting. I have my own shooting range for testing and fun. Mess around with alot of subsonic reloading and testing at long range.

HK UMP .45 with AAC Ti-Rant .45. Coffee and some donuts. Yea that a cannon ball holding the donuts down. LOL

[​IMG]

looney2ns, Ckb3 and bigredfish like this.
  6. Kendive

Here is the old Revo system... Can't wait to pull it. Wife don't want me doing it just yet fixing to head back to Africa for work and you know how they are it's all gonna fail while I am gone. LOL So I will wait to finish when I get back. :( I can still prep everything and I need to order some more cameras anyway!!!

[​IMG]

And quite honestly I am getting sick of looking at Cat 6 cable ha ha...

I guess you all put them weather tight glans on the Cat 6 before you put an end on the camera side. They all came with the cheesy plastic weather tight glans?

Here is the pile of Cat 6 and one Cat 5E so far... My fingers hurt. That Cat 6 is some tuff stuff. I prefer working with the stranded Cat 5E for sure!!!

[​IMG]

Ckb3 likes this.
  7. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

You can use them or not, but either way, put a dab of Dielectric grease in the female RJ45 jack, then insert the male portion, leave any that squeezes out. Then after the glan is put on wrap it good with Coax Seal tape.

Kendive likes this.
  8. Kendive

Well heading back to work in West Africa tomorrow. So this thing will sit here and continue to burn in until I get back. POS Revo still up and running.

I will be making another camera set order from @EMPIRETECANDY here shortly to complete my system. Hope they don't play that Chinese New Year and can't get anything a certain time. LOL I went through that ordering stuff for my FPV RC toys. I have decked out my TBS Disco Pro and the Finwing Penguin. I can fly that bad boy 50 miles away from myself. Running 1.2 for vid and 433 for control. Cameras oh ya there are three on board. LOL Just two on the Quad Drone what ever you want to call them (TBS Disco Pro)

Question for you pros out there... I have my shop/reloading area out back probably 20 to 25 yards away from the house. I have been using 2.4 Wireless cameras out there to see in the shop and one mounted outside to see house. I was thinking either bury a Cat6 cable and run into a POE switch and go from there orrrr buy them Ubiquiti Nano Station Loco M5 and set that up. Would be cool to play with those things because I have never own them.

I guess I could set up two of them like network bridge and the one at the shop have it connected to a POE switch with Ethernet Cable and then plug the cameras in. I take it the Nano stations are like a wired bridge???

Ok here is a pic (I know you all like them) of the NVR still sitting on my desk. I now have my HK MP5 K PDW sitting on it....

[​IMG]