Hello from Ohio! Seeking an opinion inside.....

Goliath27

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the process of opening a retail store, one of which will need security cameras. We asked for a quote on an 8 camera system (16 channel preferred NVR) and we received the following attached images for quantity and pricing.

However, I feel like I should do a bit more research before spending $2,700.00 on hardware. I understand the need for an in house DVR/NVR system, and will not argue with having one in place over individual standalone Eufy cams. But with so many manufacturers out there, I just don't understand why this is better than a Lorex or other pre-built bundles.

My only real needs are a good amount of storage of at least 2 months, reliability, clarity (4k preferred), at least 2 for outdoor use and the rest for indoor. Also, must have a decent interface by app, unless Tinycam is still a thing for everyone for playback.

here is what I was sent, and thanks in advance:

index.jpgindex2.jpgindex3.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the process of opening a retail store, one of which will need security cameras. We asked for a quote on an 8 camera system (16 channel preferred NVR) and we received the following attached images for quantity and pricing.

However, I feel like I should do a bit more research before spending $2,700.00 on hardware. I understand the need for an in house DVR/NVR system, and will not argue with having one in place over individual standalone Eufy cams. But with so many manufacturers out there, I just don't understand why this is better than a Lorex or other pre-built bundles.

My only real needs are a good amount of storage of at least 2 months, reliability, clarity (4k preferred), at least 2 for outdoor use and the rest for indoor. Also, must have a decent interface by app, unless Tinycam is still a thing for everyone for playback.

View attachment 75107View attachment 75106View attachment 75105
Welcome @Goliath27

Nelly's Security has a good customer service reputation.

Take a short pause and decide what are the principle goals for getting a security camera?

Do take a look at the DORI section of the cliff notes and try to get a good understanding of that and what it may mean for your setup.

Goliath27

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @Goliath27

Nelly's Security has a good customer service reputation.

Take a short pause and decide what are the principle goals for getting a security camera?

Do take a look at the DORI section of the cliff notes and try to get a good understanding of that and what it may mean for your setup.
Mat, are you the same Mat/Matt from Slickdeals? If so, you're the reason I'm here haha.

I understand getting familiar with what I need and don't need, and I understand the need for certain cameras in certain areas or levels of lights, etc. However, I wasn't sure on how the system was put together by my friend through Nelly's, and wanted a better eye on the proposal he sent me. If it's too complicated to answer, I understand!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mat, are you the same Mat/Matt from Slickdeals? If so, you're the reason I'm here haha.

I understand getting familiar with what I need and don't need, and I understand the need for certain cameras in certain areas or levels of lights, etc. However, I wasn't sure on how the system was put together by my friend through Nelly's, and wanted a better eye on the proposal he sent me. If it's too complicated to answer, I understand!
Thanks @Goliath27

Yes same.

Nelly's has good customer service reputation, and is a vendor here .. and if you look they may have some good BF deals.. you can ask.

You'll need to decide how much customer service matters, they should provide a better customer service than most others you see posted at SDs.

I have not looked closely at the kit they are suggesting, so you'll want to check that.

Look at the DORI section of the cliff notes, determine a rough idea of what you want.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

View attachment 75107View attachment 75106View attachment 75105
Hello from Toledo :)

As mentioned above, Nelly’s is a great resource for both sales and support/customer service. I’ve used them in the past and the few times I reached out they were courteous and helpful.

With the exception of the PTZ, all of the “NSC” labeled hardware is white label Hikvision. Brand politics aside, I use them exclusively due to the image quality and reliability. Not to say others aren’t up to par, but it’s worked well for my almost 2 dozen installs at work, home and other side projects.

Another important factor is your drive for clarity. This is a vague requirement, as there’s a lot that goes into a clear image. More pixels does not always equal a clearer image. Night vision for example, is inferior on an 8MP camera as opposed to a 2MP camera (1080p) and that’s due to the size of the image sensor which relates to the amount of light it can take in. That’s not to say 8MP is useless at night, but set side by side, there’s a clear difference. I have the original Hikvision version of what you picked - for my needs, they’re great. (Can share image samples if you’d like)

The PTZ is UNV which is it’s own brand separate from Hikvision, so I’m unsure of protocol compatibility or what ONVIF profile it supports to ensure somewhat universal compatibility. Making sure they match is ideal.

Pickup hard drives elsewhere - 8TB purples (WD80PURZ) are $199 on Amazon before tax. Far cheaper. WD includes 3 year warranties with each drive so long as they are new.

the iVMS app for these units is pretty easy to use. My biggest knock against Hikvision is video exporting is not as straightforward as it should be, and it’ll need converted to a standard format for LE should you have an incident requiring video to be sent to an LEA

not sure the specifics of your setup, I’m guessing a suite in a strip mall? Either way, hope these few points help you. Cheers!