Hello from Texas

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To start I would like to thank fenderman for directing me to this site and all his help.
I bought a Avertx system from Costco that I have been unhappy with the quality, it's not bad but I hope to do better.
Looking forward to learning from everyone and hope to not be too big a bother.

Michael

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
This has been a learning experience and will continue to be I'm sure.
I'm more of a hardware guy so the software end of this is difficult for me but I have people around me to take care of that.
I have relocated all of the Avertx cams multiple times. Amazes me how much a few inches can make a big difference.
Doing research now to figure out what equipment to buy. Thank you fenderman for your suggestions/info.
I have a 50' X 100' with 20' eave height building to cover. Typical install, nothing special.
I'm liking the turret cams, plan to install at the corners. I only have to cover 3 sides of the building.

Michael

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WooHoo, I have stuff coming :triumphant:
Who wants to install this stuff while I drink beer & watch?:very_drunk:
Baaaaahahahaha
My plan is to install the Hikvision equipment & run both systems simultaneous so I can get a real world test.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Let us know how the test works out..remember, when testing at night, disable the system you are not testing so that you dont get double the IR light which may skew the tests.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still in the process of installing & testing but I wanted to take a minute to thank a certain individual for all the help, he knows who he is... Thanks Man ;)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Switch the camera manually to night mode, see how it looks.

'Ambient' light really works wonders with IR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a good image. I would leave it in day mode.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no plans to make any changes until I get all my cams installed.
I just received a box full of mounts so I will be pulling wire soon.

Michael

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your LED light will be on all the time at night I would just set the camera to Day mode. I think when it switches, it is based on how much light hits the sensor (the little green circle thing) so maybe not enough light hitting it tonight?

Yeah its a bit weird...

your camera's not in night mode is it? that amount of light should keep it in color.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another strange thing, I can access the Nvr via my computer but when I try accessing it directly via Nvr mouse it tells me the password is wrong.
I'm very confused...

If your LED light will be on all the time at night I would just set the camera to Day mode. I think when it switches, it is based on how much light hits the sensor (the little green circle thing) so maybe not enough light hitting it tonight?

Yeah its a bit weird...

your camera's not in night mode is it? that amount of light should keep it in color.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you changed your pw, the NVR's upper case and lower case letters are not very clear so you might be entering wrong case for password...try to change your pw to all numbers on the computer to eliminate that possibility.