Hello Uniview Owners

dashmer

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I requested this forum be added, I thought I could get it started. I am awaiting the delivery of my Uniview cameras and NVR that I plan to install myself. Look forward to hearing from other Uniview users and maybe sharing tips and information in this forum.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Would love to test their VMS. We have several customers that currently have UniView systems installed on their property.

dashmer

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my equipment but have not had a chance to install it yet. It is my main fall project. I have connected a couple of the cameras to the NVR and booted everything up. As promised, it is plug and play so far.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been testing Uniview cams, so far pretty solid. They have a good low light bullet that is built like a brick Shithouse. Here is a picture in almost total darkness tonight. Its a IPC2222ER5-DUPF40-C. This was $135 shipped from one of my vendors. They call it Starlight technology.

NVR_Camera 3.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This is with one carriage lamp on. NVR_Camera 414.jpg Total IR on this one NVR_Camera 414.jpg NVR_Camera 118.jpg Floodlight behind the cam. 701.jpg

All settings are stock right now, still playing with location.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need angle the cam away from the house so that the IR isn't lighting up the siding. This will give you more IR in the field of view. We have a customer that went ahead and installed a 64 channel system, but didn't ask us for our advise on camera model or where to install them. They used the small bullets and mounted them high up on a warehouse so the IR is almost not a factor once it gets to the ground. I think the cameras may have 60ft of IR.

Valiant

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've used several different UNV cameras and they are quite nice. They offer many models however and the suffixes confuse me because the specs are very similar.

If anyone has a more informed clue on how to interpret these, please share!.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need angle the cam away from the house so that the IR isn't lighting up the siding. This will give you more IR in the field of view. We have a customer that went ahead and installed a 64 channel system, but didn't ask us for our advise on camera model or where to install them. They used the small bullets and mounted them high up on a warehouse so the IR is almost not a factor once it gets to the ground. I think the cameras may have 60ft of IR.
Yea, I had it pushed out the night before for testing,most of the IR was in the trees and not covering my parking spots, so I pushed it back in to see how it would go. Its worked fine on my Dahua NVr and motion works fine. With a little bit of light it has a pretty good picture. This is the fixed 4mm version.

Yoo995

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been testing Uniview cams, so far pretty solid. They have a good low light bullet that is built like a brick Shithouse. Here is a picture in almost total darkness tonight. Its a IPC2222ER5-DUPF40-C. This was $135 shipped from one of my vendors. They call it Starlight technology.

View attachment 33564

I didnt get it. Is that camera bad in low light or not?

Yoo995

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to upgrade the 1080N ahd cams and dvr. Budget £600 for two cams and a nvr.(i have hdd,cables etc. I need just cams and nvr) What do you recommend? Something to be ok in low light outside.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I need to upgrade the 1080N ahd cams and dvr. Budget £600 for two cams and a nvr.(i have hdd,cables etc. I need just cams and nvr) What do you recommend? Something to be ok in low light outside.
I would use Dahua Over Uniview.

@EMPIRETECANDY is a vendor here on IP Camtalk.---> EmpireTech Andy

His Store --->Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Best bet for low light cams---->US $125.0 5% OFF|IPC HDW2231R ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera 2.7~13.5mm varifocal lens IPC HDW2231R ZS ,free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You can message him about the NVR

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Yoo995

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea It looks like a good cam but here in the states price wise it would be around $200 Us Dollars, Converting to the Romanian RON would be like $860, so one reason I use Dahua Instead Of Uniview.
Thats the reason? Because Dahua are cheaper? Im my country uniview are cheaper but dahua cams are much expensive. I hope picture quality of uniview is the same.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats the reason? Because Dahua are cheaper? Im my country uniview are cheaper but dahua cams are much expensive. I hope picture quality of uniview is the same.
Uniview would be my second choice, I like to have different supply vendors and YES price has something to do with it when you are purchasing say 25 of them. They are solid and built well.

Yoo995

n3wb
Reaction score
If i use uniview cams i need to use a uniview nrv too. I will order that 5mp today and test it and if its ok i will order another two and a nvr.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If i use uniview cams i need to use a uniview nrv too. I will order that 5mp today and test it and if its ok i will order another two and a nvr.
Best you stick with the same NVR as cameras.