Hello Uniview Owners

dashmer

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I requested this forum be added, I thought I could get it started. I am awaiting the delivery of my Uniview cameras and NVR that I plan to install myself. Look forward to hearing from other Uniview users and maybe sharing tips and information in this forum.

dashmer

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my equipment but have not had a chance to install it yet. It is my main fall project. I have connected a couple of the cameras to the NVR and booted everything up. As promised, it is plug and play so far.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been testing Uniview cams, so far pretty solid. They have a good low light bullet that is built like a brick Shithouse. Here is a picture in almost total darkness tonight. Its a IPC2222ER5-DUPF40-C. This was $135 shipped from one of my vendors. They call it Starlight technology.

NVR_Camera 3.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This is with one carriage lamp on. NVR_Camera 414.jpg Total IR on this one NVR_Camera 414.jpg NVR_Camera 118.jpg Floodlight behind the cam. 701.jpg

All settings are stock right now, still playing with location.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need angle the cam away from the house so that the IR isn't lighting up the siding. This will give you more IR in the field of view. We have a customer that went ahead and installed a 64 channel system, but didn't ask us for our advise on camera model or where to install them. They used the small bullets and mounted them high up on a warehouse so the IR is almost not a factor once it gets to the ground. I think the cameras may have 60ft of IR.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've used several different UNV cameras and they are quite nice. They offer many models however and the suffixes confuse me because the specs are very similar.

If anyone has a more informed clue on how to interpret these, please share!.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need angle the cam away from the house so that the IR isn't lighting up the siding. This will give you more IR in the field of view. We have a customer that went ahead and installed a 64 channel system, but didn't ask us for our advise on camera model or where to install them. They used the small bullets and mounted them high up on a warehouse so the IR is almost not a factor once it gets to the ground. I think the cameras may have 60ft of IR.
Yea, I had it pushed out the night before for testing,most of the IR was in the trees and not covering my parking spots, so I pushed it back in to see how it would go. Its worked fine on my Dahua NVr and motion works fine. With a little bit of light it has a pretty good picture. This is the fixed 4mm version.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I need to upgrade the 1080N ahd cams and dvr. Budget £600 for two cams and a nvr.(i have hdd,cables etc. I need just cams and nvr) What do you recommend? Something to be ok in low light outside.
I would use Dahua Over Uniview.

@EMPIRETECANDY is a vendor here on IP Camtalk.---> EmpireTech Andy

His Store --->Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Best bet for low light cams---->US $125.0 5% OFF|IPC HDW2231R ZS 2MP Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera 2.7~13.5mm varifocal lens IPC HDW2231R ZS ,free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You can message him about the NVR

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats the reason? Because Dahua are cheaper? Im my country uniview are cheaper but dahua cams are much expensive. I hope picture quality of uniview is the same.
Uniview would be my second choice, I like to have different supply vendors and YES price has something to do with it when you are purchasing say 25 of them. They are solid and built well.

VRC

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck using Uniview cameras attached to a Uniview NVR, AND recording with Blue Iris as well? I've been trying to get this working for a long time. Uniview cameras work fine on BI if no NVR is involved, but as soon as you connect the stream to NVR frame rate goes way down to 1 on BI. I've been through many firmware upgrades on cameras but still no luck, tried stream 1 to NVR and stream 2 to BI, same thing. Hik cams work fine this way, even recording through virtual interface on NVR, but something drops the frame rate on these.

Just thought I'd see if anyone has tried this with same or better results. Thanks.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck using Uniview cameras attached to a Uniview NVR, AND recording with Blue Iris as well? I've been trying to get this working for a long time. Uniview cameras work fine on BI if no NVR is involved, but as soon as you connect the stream to NVR frame rate goes way down to 1 on BI. I've been through many firmware upgrades on cameras but still no luck, tried stream 1 to NVR and stream 2 to BI, same thing. Hik cams work fine this way, even recording through virtual interface on NVR, but something drops the frame rate on these.

Just thought I'd see if anyone has tried this with same or better results. Thanks.
If Your cams are connected to a POE NVR, they are sitting behind a different network(subnet) and will be invisible to blue iris. If you want to use both, get yourself a POE switch and use the same IP pool as your blue Iris server and management port on the NVR, you will have to re set the IP address of the cams to match your IP Pool.

VRC

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, but these are on a separate switch, same subnet, I can get connection, just reduces the frame rate to 1fps on BI

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but these are on a separate switch, same subnet, I can get connection, just reduces the frame rate to 1fps on BI
I looked at my NVR (dahua) and my settings are limited to 5fps even tho the cam itself is set for 25 fps, never had any issues but that is strange for sure, I don't use BI but its pretty obvious that settings are limited on 3rd party devices with uniview. that being said, you might want to re post this issue in the BI form, you might get a better answer. What model cams do you have?

VRC

n3wb
Reaction score
IPC3614SR3-DPF28M and
IPC6322SR-X22P-C. I'm going to get a hold of Uniview tech support. You got me thinking though, seems like a limitation of the camera streaming rate. Maybe they can assist me in setting up Multicast, not sure if that'll help. I've tried using a different user name, disabling digest security, etc. All same result, between 1 and 2 fps. Weird.

dny2004

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 6 Hikvision cameras, one is a mini PTZ 4mp (DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3). Also I recently got a Uniview mini ptz 2mp. Comparing the ptz ones, I have to say that Uniview is a decent option, however, It lacks a lot of features and ease of use. Price diference is not that much 2mp vs 2 mp versions. Regarding the Uniview experience so far:
cam model: IPC6412LR-X5P
Downsides
  • The PC software lacks intuitiveness
  • PTZ zoom is only optical and does not zooms digital, just if you right click, select digital...a bit of a pain...
  • recordings miss 2-3 seconds between clips, don't know the reason, messed around with settings but not clear why
  • from EZ station software, recording downloading from SD card is quite slow, and clips length may vary from 1 second to 40 mins, can't set a length.
  • not clear how to activate audio recording, no audio is present on the recordings
  • PTZ speed is not as fast as Hikvision mini ptz, can be increased from EZstation but resets to default value next time camera is accessed.
  • in EZ station PTZ interface and presets list is not so easy to use, can't overwrite presets or rename them...way nicer in ivms4200 or 4200 lite.
  • configuration is made only thru web page not from PC ezstation software
  • not sure about FW upgrades...

Pros:
  • a lot of easy to use image adjustments
  • night image quality is better then Hik, IR off on both
  • SDcard very easy to access on the side of the camera
  • IR moves along with the lens..
  • configuration page can be reached remotely if you install EZstation on another pc in remote location, it has a web link in the device management thru cloud
  • smartphone app is easy to use but ptz side is behind Hik-connect interface wise.

Conclusion: If you're used to Hikvision environment stick with it, you get a bit more for your money. Clips with missing seconds on Uniview is a bit of a deal breaker.