HELP - cannot connect Dahua IP camera to NVR

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I tried all day to configure a kit of 4 IP cameras (Dahua IPC-HFW1230S) and NVR (Dahua NVR2104). I managed to do the wiring and connect all 4 cameras to the NVR. After I configured the NVR (Quick Start Guide, with date and time, network, etc.), all the cameras displayed the message "Incorrect password" on the monitor. I searched a lot on google, forums, user manuals, videos, but none helped me. I read that I should initialize the cameras using the ConfigTool application, but they do not appear in my application (only the NVR appears, with its IP) and the cameras appear for a very short time, only after a factory reset to the NVR and then they disappear (moment when I tried to initialize them, but I get a connection error, maybe timeout). I mention that I use a Huawei router provided by the ISP whose gateway address is 192.168.100.1, and the NVR connection address is 192.168.100.1. It also has one more IP (10.1.1.1) -im 100% confused- and the cameras have 10.1.1.64 - 68 or something. Their IP address (10.1.1.64 - 68) is visible above the invalid password message.
Please help me with correct and complete initialization tips and steps.

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Show us a picture of

1- the camera registration page on the nvr
2- where exactly you’re seeing the password error message

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And what is the IP of your NVR? It can’t be the same as your router:

…Huawei router provided by the ISP whose gateway address is 192.168.100.1, and the NVR connection address is 192.168.100.1.

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Show us a picture of

1- the camera registration page on the nvr
2- where exactly you’re seeing the password error message
I can't take pictures because I mounted it at the holiday home and I'm not there now. But I attach a picture with what is displayed to me. Also, in the bottom pane, at status, the color is red.
1656790175196.png

And what is the IP of your NVR? It can’t be the same as your router:

…Huawei router provided by the ISP whose gateway address is 192.168.100.1, and the NVR connection address is 192.168.100.1.
Yes, sorry, I made a typo. The connection address to the NVR is 192.168.100.20.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok basically that’s saying the NVR password and camera passwords are different, and the NVR can’t communicate with them. Very odd that they would appear then disappear.

Did you by chance change the passwords on the cameras?

Did you change the password on the NVR after the cameras were plugged in?

Have you rebooted the NVR while the cameras are plugged in?

Have you accessed the cameras interface directly ever ?

You should have configured the NVR before ever plugging in a camera.

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok basically that’s saying the NVR password and camera passwords are different, and the NVR can’t communicate with them. Very odd that they would appear then disappear.

Did you by chance change the passwords on the cameras?

Have you rebooted the NVR while the cameras are plugged in?

You should have configured the NVR before ever plugging in a camera.
I have not change the password on the NVR and I do not know how to do it.

No, I have not change the NVR password by any chance, I kept it as admin.

No, I did not even succed to acces the cameras interface.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First thing to try is go into the NVR registration page, unplug all cameras and delete them from the bottom pane

Now plug in one camera, and assuming it is recognized and assigned a 10.1.1.x address, but you get a red indicator, click on the pencil Edit icon for that camera.
A box should popup. Enter the NVR login and password there, save, and reboot the NVR with the one camera still plugged in.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Admin is the default login name, but you had to set a password….

So is your login/pass admin/admin?

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Admin is the default login name, but you had to set a password….

So is your login/pass admin/admin?
Yeah, I did not change the password of the NVR in that Pop Up that requested a new password. I log in the NVR with admin/admin or 888888/888888 .

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not certain how the cameras will react to admin/admin but try entering those in the popup box by clicking the pencil/edit icon beside that camera

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What bigredfish said. Some OS's are more forgiving than others, but 1 by 1 you must register the cameras. Just did an install and that's how the OS works that I dealt with. You can also unplug all cameras, go into your NVR, and do a system reset back to factory and start again.

As for the password, follow the formula they give you. x number of characters, cap, number, special character, etc. Some systems will not work if the password is left to default. Remember, this is security so certain protocols must be adhered to or you get locked out. Built into the NVR OS.

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the advice. If I don't succeed in this way, is there a way to configure them from ConfigTool? How would I be able to see them there? As I said, only the NVR with its IP 192.168.100.20 can be seen. The switch has IP 10.1.1.1 and cameras 10.1.1.x

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not certain but don’t think the config tool will see the cameras

If you can access the NVR, there should be a password change/reset function. I just did it the other day. It will ask do you want to change the cameras passwords as well to match the NVR. Say yes and all will be given the same password. Reboot NVR and should be fine.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you trying to set this up through the NVR connected to a monitor or through a PC?

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you trying to set this up through the NVR connected to a monitor or through a PC?
Initially I tried on a monitor. When I saw that I could not succeed with the password error, I tried to see what I could do with the configtool.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Initially I tried on a monitor. When I saw that I could not succeed with the password error, I tried to see what I could do with the configtool.
As before, try starting with just the NVR and monitor. At the prompt to change password, do it. Can you get into the NVR at all? If so, then go to settings, system, default or something similar. Do a factory reset, Unplug all cameras first, and start over. Change password(important) and then do one camera at a time and register it before going on to the next.

eduardd

n3wb
Reaction score
As before, try starting with just the NVR and monitor. At the prompt to change password, do it. Can you get into the NVR at all? If so, then go to settings, system, default or something similar. Do a factory reset, Unplug all cameras first, and start over. Change password(important) and then do one camera at a time and register it before going on to the next.
That's exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow. Factory reset, initialize the NVR, set a password and then plug the cameras one by one. By, "registering", do you mean any special process? It should be "plug and play" I guess.