Help finding a floodlight ethernet / non-wifi camera

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Dahua system and am looking for a solid floodlight camera. Dahua doesn’t seem to have any. Lorex has a single wired one, but it is Wi-Fi only. The only thing I can find is a Reolink duo floodlight camera - it’s POE but I’m not sure it is compatible with my Dahua system. I’m not sure why I can’t seem to find any decent wired / Ethernet based floodlight cameras. It doesn’t necessarily need to be PoE but I don’t want it running over Wi-Fi. Any suggestions?

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m not sure why I can’t seem to find any decent wired / Ethernet based floodlight cameras.
Supply and demand.

Dahua actually has the same one as Lorex (Dahua is their OEM), but also Wi-Fi only: Dahua Floodlight

Why don't you pull them apart? Separate floodlight with PIR and a good POE cam.

Or you could look into 'LED' variants of Dahua cams, they have built in warm white LED's, but not in the floodlight caliber.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah that's exactly what i decided to do. Simpler to just install a floodlight and get a good camera.

Thanks
+1^^ to what @jarrow stated if you don't want a Wi-Fi cam.

Maybe the main reason for floodlight cams being Wi-Fi only is because of the line voltage in the existing mounting box and they don't to have a Ethernet being pulled into the same box.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe the main reason for floodlight cams being Wi-Fi only is because of the line voltage in the existing mounting box and they don't to have a Ethernet being pulled into the same box.
Possibly yeah.

Or because it could replace an existing light fixture and use its wires, so the average home owner/consumer doesn't have to pull any cables at all.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
an ip camera with relay output will be a better solution, imo. Adding an extra relay (normally is 10amps a/c or dc), you may control different spot lights (for controlling that particular camera output). You may event start a remote sequence, by controlling other intelligent switches via Shelly or similar products (look for TonyR post)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
an ip camera with relay output will be a better solution, imo. Adding an extra relay (normally is 10amps a/c or dc), you may control different spot lights (for controlling that particular camera output). You may event start a remote sequence, by controlling other intelligent switches via Shelly or similar products (look for TonyR post)
The Shelly 1-UL is made to run on Wi-Fi , operate on 120VAC and dry-relay control 120VAC loads up to 15 Amps, BTW.

wiring-shelly-1_no-switch.jpg

Last edited: