Help me choose my first china NVR kit.

Lopus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys

Im new to this ip camera and NVR world and i wanna start with a cheap china kit... i know you will warn me.

Im buying a 4 x 5mp camera set. - But im confused, can you help me choose... which NVR is best..

Please see the to pictures with specifications.

8ch.JPG 16ch.jpg

And sorry for my english.. im Danish...

Lopus

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Guys

Im new to this ip camera and NVR world and i wanna start with a cheap china kit... i know you will warn me.

Im buying a 4 x 5mp camera set. - But im confused, can you help me choose... which NVR is best..

View attachment 29757 View attachment 29758

Lopus
Welcome Lopus,

Would you buy a Trabant as a car?

Remember there is some absolute garbage sold, and some good products coming out of China - thus

Before you jump take some time to review the cliff notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Guys

View attachment 29757 View attachment 29758

Lopus
its faster and easier to simply flush your money down the toilet.

Lopus

n3wb
Reaction score
It can't be that bad..

The specifications and prosesser is the same as some hikvision nvrs .

But doesn't anyone wanna tell me wich on off the 2 nvr, has the best specification..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It can't be that bad..

The specifications and prosesser is the same as some hikvision nvrs .

But doesn't anyone wanna tell me wich on off the 2 nvr, has the best specification..
you are right, it is worse than that bad.
specs and processors are meaningless...if the firmware is shit, your experience will be terrible. But you know better. So just pick one. Doesnt matter I promise.

Lopus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a limousine for that price, but just that I can see my house, when I aboard .. I'm traveling a lot...

How much could I use on a 4 camera systems then...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a limousine for that price, but just that I can see my house, when I aboard .. I'm traveling a lot...

How much could I use on a 4 camera systems then...
Hi Lopus,

If you plan to remotely connect to the system the software / firmware becomes even more important.

Take a look at the wiki cliff notes and securing your network notes.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy @EMPIRETECANDY will give you a quote on a good system why spend a few hundred buck only to lose it as
It doesn’t do what you need it’s just a waste of good money when you have to spend more money to get it right
Give him a private message you will be surprised on his prices

Lopus

n3wb
Reaction score
It sounds like your more concerned about the Chinese software, than the hardware..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like your more concerned about the Chinese software, than the hardware..
Both are issues. Good hardware without good software or visa versa is still a poor solution.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I some times really wonder why people ask for advice with thousands of hrs of excellent experience on this site
I’m learning new stuff every day on parts of cctv I don’t mess with and the parts I do I understand fully
Only to complain why the collective group would waste there money on crap service and sub par components

Lopus

n3wb
Reaction score
I know there all from China, but you know what I mean..

Dont we all wanna finde the product where you get quality, and don't pay for the name...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I some times really wonder why people ask for advice with thousands of hrs of excellent experience on this site
I’m learning new stuff every day on parts of cctv I don’t mess with and the parts I do I understand fully
Only to complain why the collective group would waste there money on crap service and sub par components
I agree, I have a Brother-In-Law that does exactly the same thing to me and others.