Help me finish this new family and apartment setup. Warning long post!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ill be honest to say I do not know much about it. Honeywell is usually a well known brand, who I now know, has sold out their name to an offshore manufacturer for more profit. All I know, is what I have works (NOTE: I just put up a M1Z that does a strange image blanking when a bright infared image is recieved, although bullshit, I have to accept this issue and deal with it since I 'paid the price'. I could have paid 100% more for a better made camera that would have this, but in the large aspect of my build, I understand it could happen, and I'll deal with it, aka return it).

Now given that, I feel that some other cameras could give me better image quality than what I have for a given resolution, but I do not see anyone here comparing their philosophical genitalia's (reference to the image quality of said cameras) other than their textual feelings. You included @fenderman.

But nonetheless @fenderman, I appreciate your candidness overall. To a full newb to cameras, computing, tcp/ip networking/routing, would I recommend my POS cameras to others, not really, but if they know what they are getting into, then it is their choice. I can only give my experience.
why would anyone buy crap when known good cameras that have more features and are known to be reliable cost the same of a few dollars more....only a fool.. The images and video from the known good cameras are available all over this website...there is more to a camera than the still image and even video image....firmware and build quality/reliability..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are down playing your 'few dollars more' tactic. Try almost 100% more. And your 'comparison' isn't PT (pan tilt).

Look, I know it can give me shitty results, but I'm okay with it. Others maybe the same, and all you do as ASSume.

I enjoy candid conversations but name calling, ie, 'only a fool' is quite childish. I've read quite a few of your posts, strong idealism's are quite appearant, but leave the name calling and belittling to the children.

ETA: 'the children'.
nope YOU Failed to read my posts or do any research....40 vs 50....that is not 100 percent...and mine has a PIR sensor
PT is a gimmick, useless, you cannot sit there monitoring the room 24/7 and on these cheap cams the gearing will lose positioning quickly...you are a fool and are misleading others...you have proven you have NO clue about ip cameras yet give advice. STOP.

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nope YOU Failed to read my posts or do any research....40 vs 50....that is not 100 percent...and mine has a PIR sensor
PT is a gimmick, useless, you cannot sit there monitoring the room 24/7 and on these cheap cams the gearing will lose positioning quickly...you are a fool and are misleading others...you have proven you have NO clue about ip cameras yet give advice. STOP.
Sorry if my post stirred you guys up but really quickly if a man was in hot water with his wife, had a tight budget and needed to do make something happen soon... the annke rebranded hikvision cube cameras were alright to pull the trigger on?
Seemeds most people agreed that would be the best garbage from the garbage heap of options I had?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if my post stirred you guys up but really quickly if a man was in hot water with his wife, had a tight budget and needed to do make something happen soon... the annke rebranded hikvision cube cameras were alright to pull the trigger on?
Seemeds most people agreed that would be the best garbage from the garbage heap of options I had?
The cube is a good camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Skyline,

The Hikvision Cube rebranded by Annke is a very good camera, especially for $50 ( as Fenderman points out )
Annke, the company is "garbage" from what we've seen them do and 99.9% of the products they offer and often mislead people on the specs.

PS - feel free to ask about questions which we can help you with the wife... often they do not seem to want to know enough about the issues to really understand - do take a look at some of the video camera captures here and share them with her.... some recent ones this year have been especially eye opening scary.
Camera Captures

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fenderman was replying to reddn not you there. It looks like he got himself banned and his posts were removed.

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I'm back. I have two of the annke cameras and blue Iris installed however I can't seem to figure out how to make blue iris find the cameras. The app that annke makes will only work with internet access and wants an email and such. Any of you guys can help?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm back. I have two of the annke cameras and blue Iris installed however I can't seem to figure out how to make blue iris find the cameras. The app that annke makes will only work with internet access and wants an email and such. Any of you guys can help?
you need to find the cameras ip address...then reserve the ip in the router so it doesnt change...plug them im...your router will list it as a connected device....or you can use the hikvision SADP tool to find them..

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will I need them to be wired via Ethernet. How will I tell them what wifi to connect to?

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I went to the hikvision sadp tool and it sees both cameras. Has a modify network parameters in batch message. What's a good static IP to assign any benefits to certain Numbers?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I went to the hikvision sadp tool and it sees both cameras. Has a modify network parameters in batch message. What's a good static IP to assign any benefits to certain Numbers?
you need to assign numbers that match your subnet...they cannot be random...they cannot be the same...you need to learn basic networking...they should automatically be assigned an address by the router...leave them...just use dhcp reservation to keep them the same even after reboots.

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I would love taking a class. My understanding of what your saying is limited to going to my router and disabling DHCP so the address they have won't change. I've found their address in both the SADP tool and my router settings. Sorry for the newbie questions

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I would love taking a class. My understanding of what your saying is limited to going to my router and disabling DHCP so the address they have won't change. I've found their address in both the SADP tool and my router settings. Sorry for the newbie questions
You cannot disable dhcp or you will have problems with every other device ....you must use dhcp reservation or setup a static ip outside the dhcp range...

Skyline1432

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright so static IP's given. Now you said I would need to set them up for the wifi is that via blue iris or another program all together