Help - new install issues

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Feel your pain. Theres more to this IP camera stuff than i realised especially when you start integrating the NvR and i've been in IT/telco for 25 Years.

I got my 1x 2132 and 1x2142s and 2x 2532 cubes working first directly into a router with an SD card and have been running that way for 6 months. Now i'm integrating the NVR one at a time but its on the couch and i fire it up in the evenings and muck around with it before moving it to the site. Its more convenient with a bourbon in front of the telly and i dont bite off camera and nvr integration all in one :)

Ive got 5.3.3 on the 2142 english red box and 3.3.4 on the 7806ni-e2/p english red box.

Ive got 2132 3mp and they are chinese serial CcH ive yet to fire one of those up and check its seen by the NVR but many here seemed to indicate it would.

1. The flashing thing white then pic there is another feed on here i read with people having that issue. I dont have that issue with my 2142 4mp and 3.3.4 nvr, or the 2142 that is directly into the router in the field.

2. Re the NVR integration. After reading many posts here i took notes and the general concensus to avoid issues was to in the NVr:
1. Disable plug and play set to manual. It causes unexpected issues.
2. I think the default nvr ip address POE network is 192.168.255.x . And so i statically set my camera ip to match the nvr port e.g. 192.168.255.1 port 1 192.168.255.2 port 2. Static ip on the camera takes out all dynamic dhcp issues and simplifies. I think always do this for hosts like cameras/tvs/ printers.
3. I think the NVr might not have run concurrent 192.168.255.1/2/3/4/5 etc on the first port so i lined them up to make it simple and logical 192.168.255.1/2/3/4/5/6.
4. Turn on virtual host so you can access the cameras directly. If your on the same home network you access them via nvr_wan_ipaddress:65001/2/3/4/5/6. You can see that from the camera config page on the nvr as a link. Virtual host is delivered recently not sure exactly but 3.3.4 has it. To access outside you'd need to set port forward of external_routerip:65001 to nvr_wan_ipaddress:65001 for each port.
5. Make sure in the NVR each camera port config has been changed to your camera admin user and passwords.

Thats all ive done so far and it came up straight away been testing and playing around.

You've prob done all that .. i just shared it for others who might be following us.

6. I put a 6tb western digital purple in there which after initialising is recording fine.

Happy to share experiences, swap config, but im only firing it up every couple days when i feel like it.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Feel your pain. Theres more to this IP camera stuff than i realised especially when you start integrating the NvR and i've been in IT/telco for 25 Years.

I got my 1x 2132 and 1x2142s and 2x 2532 cubes working first directly into a router with an SD card and have been running that way for 6 months. Now i'm integrating the NVR one at a time but its on the couch and i fire it up in the evenings and muck around with it before moving it to the site. Its more convenient with a bourbon in front of the telly and i dont bite off camera and nvr integration all in one :)

Ive got 5.3.3 on the 2142 english red box and 3.3.4 on the 7806ni-e2/p english red box.

Ive got 2132 3mp and they are chinese serial CcH ive yet to fire one of those up and check its seen by the NVR but many here seemed to indicate it would.

1. The flashing thing white then pic there is another feed on here i read with people having that issue. I dont have that issue with my 2142 4mp and 3.3.4 nvr, or the 2142 that is directly into the router in the field.

2. Re the NVR integration. After reading many posts here i took notes and the general concensus to avoid issues was to in the NVr:
1. Disable plug and play set to manual. It causes unexpected issues.
2. I think the default nvr ip address POE network is 192.168.255.x . And so i statically set my camera ip to match the nvr port e.g. 192.168.255.1 port 1 192.168.255.2 port 2. Static ip on the camera takes out all dynamic dhcp issues and simplifies. I think always do this for hosts like cameras/tvs/ printers.
3. I think the NVr might not have run concurrent 192.168.255.1/2/3/4/5 etc on the first port so i lined them up to make it simple and logical 192.168.255.1/2/3/4/5/6.
4. Turn on virtual host so you can access the cameras directly. If your on the same home network you access them via nvr_wan_ipaddress:65001/2/3/4/5/6. You can see that from the camera config page on the nvr as a link. Virtual host is delivered recently not sure exactly but 3.3.4 has it. To access outside you'd need to set port forward of external_routerip:65001 to nvr_wan_ipaddress:65001 for each port.
5. Make sure in the NVR each camera port config has been changed to your camera admin user and passwords.

Thats all ive done so far and it came up straight away been testing and playing around.

You've prob done all that .. i just shared it for others who might be following us.

6. I put a 6tb western digital purple in there which after initialising is recording fine.

Happy to share experiences, swap config, but im only firing it up every couple days when i feel like it.
1) It's not really flashing. Its more of just a green overlay over the actual live feed.
2) I tried doing manual for the 3 that are not working and that is how I'm getting the network abnormal message now.
3) I haven't tried setting the cameras static ip address to the port number, i will give that a try next when i have time.
4) I have turned on the virtual host. I love that feature!
5) I'm not sure what you mean here.....
6) I have 1 3tb WD purple drive in now, and a 2nd 3tb i need to install yet.

Thank you for the tips. I really want to solve this issue and can't figure out why its working directly on the router, but not through the NVR. I'm also going to try resetting the camera and then activating it through the NVR when i have time too, as someone else suggested that already. Thanks!

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2) with a pc set to the same subnet ip as what was originally on the camera out of the box i manually set the camera to match the NVR port etc 192.1.254.6 to match the NVR port 6 i was plugging it into.
3) then i logged into NVR under system/camera management and ensured that for that port d06 and clicking MODIFY the ip address, admin and user password matches whats on the camera.
4) i set all the other ports to run concurrent with the port so theres logic as i add cameras e.g. camera 1 =192.168.254.1 etc

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I went in trying to change the ip address for each channel to correspond to the channel number. It won't let me do that. And since I'm using a NVR using its own subnet ip addresses, I can't preset them in the router either.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi vegas. With respect to 2) in my original post you cant assign 192.168.254.1 to the first NVR POE port as i believe the POE network uses that as the default gateway for the POE network 192.168.254.0/255.255.255.0.

Bit annoying as i vaguely recall port 1 being 192.168.254.10 by default and thought it strange.

I dont know why you cant change them as i could change all mine.

Ive got the NVR running fine my challenge is getting the cameras to send.emails and work independantly of the NVR to get emails with attachment photos etc.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
** SOLVED 10-15-15 **

I finally got time to try a couple things today and I solved my main issue. I want to thank everyone who tried to help and gave advice! I ended up un-attaching everything, resetting the NVR, and then attaching each camera one by one after resetting the four that didn't work beforehand. When I reset the NVR it changed all the channels IP addresses to be in succession (.2, .3, .4, and so on, like tradertim said......its just one off from the channel number). Now all the cameras work on the NVR itself and through I-VMS 4200. I never had to even activate the cameras again. The 4 4MP cameras just use the same login as the NVR.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey congrats.we are on the same NVR and camera releases so it will be handy to confirm issues seen. Be interesting to see if you see ..
-many false illegal logins in logs buffer
-line/intrusion detection on nvr not sending email but motion detection does

Also you'll want to get the cameras notifying independantly of the nvr as the camera functionality is better with higher res attached photos.

This is tricky im still struggling with it.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey congrats.we are on the same NVR and camera releases so it will be handy to confirm issues seen. Be interesting to see if you see ..
-many false illegal logins in logs buffer
-line/intrusion detection on nvr not sending email but motion detection does

Also you'll want to get the cameras notifying independantly of the nvr as the camera functionality is better with higher res attached photos.

This is tricky im still struggling with it.
How do you do that? I thought the NVR overrides camera settings

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Search "camera independant" "camera alerts nvr" or similar. I find the locating text i know that exists here difficult but theres at least one thread i know of with a response from alastair.

It involves setting the alarm alerts up independantly..( think this might be where plug and play off might help) and allocating a static route in the router to be aware of the different camera network.

Im struggling with it, but i think my issue might be the huawei router.