help pls my husband set up blue (Iris he passed away and I am trying to keep it running.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
Help one camera has no signal and the log is saying "single: refused, check IP address and port" I do not know what happened can someone pls help me?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Help one camera has no signal and the log is saying "single: refused, check IP address and port" I do not know what happened can someone pls help me?
Welcome to the forum. There can be many reasons for this, likely the ip address changed. Let me know if you want to do a remote session using teamviewer and I will fix it for you.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am so afraid to let anyone touch the computer. I do need help are you in the United States where I can call you and you can walk me through it pls

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am so afraid to let anyone touch the computer. I do need help are you in the United States where I can call you and you can walk me through it pls
i dont do phone calls...there are many things that can cause this that would take long to troubleshoot over the phone but 5 minuets at the computer...hopefully someone else can help you out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you might want to start by rebooting the pc and power cycling the camera...

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a smart lady so I pick up quickly and I have tried to figure out but I can't

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I tried rebooting camera, reseting using the apps and the computer was also rebooted all the other cameras are working only this one stopped.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you power cycling the camera it is tied to a tree outside and the cable is coming into the house but my son and I can not Trace it. My son got up on a ladder today and checked the camera and did not see anything..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you power cycling the camera it is tied to a tree outside and the cable is coming into the house but my son and I can not Trace it. My son got up on a ladder today and checked the camera and did not see anything..
you need to unplug one of the ends...the camera may also simply be dead.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow my son will come home on Sunday I can ask him to get on the ladder again. You do not know all I have been through trying to get this house restored to sell. Everything time I turn around something breaks. I join this forum because I did not know where else to turn for help. My husband passed away a year ago massive heartache no warning. He was a computer genius and he set everything up. I miss him a lot. Thank you for responding.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
I know you are new here and have every right to be nervous about where you get your help from, but Fenderman can be trusted. He is the Blue Iris man! He knows more about this software than anyone. But if you want to stay anonymous you can get a lot of help here, just ask away!

Sorry to hear about your husband btw. I'm the tech nerd of my family and I suppose I should start teaching people how to use it. Any idea what your husbands nickname might have been online? Chances are someone here knew him.

DianaG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thank you I will reach out to Fenderman again. My husband also went by rdgash or rgash I am not aware of any other nickname. My son may know I will need to ask him. Again thank you