Help Surv Co Owner Design his home system?

Superior Security Experts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You own a surveillance company and don’t have a fisherman? That’s my specialty. Old school Brinks Home Security installer ‘98. Everything was hardwired then. Just left adt and started my own biz 6 months ago. I’d be happy to take the drive and do your install. While I’m there I can show your installers a few tricks with usually no plates or any drywall damage. Usually only small 3/8” hole to patch at worse case. And I can learn about Dahua high end. I use hik currently but need advice on a different line from some other pros on here. Mid grade end.

Superior Security Experts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You own a surveillance company and don’t have a fisherman? That’s my specialty. Old school Brinks Home Security installer ‘98. Everything was hardwired then. Just left adt and started my own biz 6 months ago. I’d be happy to take the drive and do your install. While I’m there I can show your installers a few tricks with usually no plates or any drywall damage. Usually only small 3/8” hole to patch at worse case. And I can learn about Dahua high end. I use hik currently but need advice on a different line from some other pros on here. Mid grade end.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
As has been said: Drywall was made to be cut, drilled, and patched. Get one of these things:

Variable Speed Oscillating Multi-Tool

You'll end up looking for excuses to cut holes in drywall. ;)

And they're great for cutting baseboard and other things. Heck, you can even remove your own plaster casts if the itching gets too bad!

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may take you up on that. The most veteran guy I have on my payroll has about 7 years under him of fishing.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my stuff from Andy showed up yesterday. My wife is a lil unhappy with the size of this PTZ lol but I love it.

Close on the new house in a couple weeks. I’ll post pictures of the install then.

Attachments

Last edited:

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Imagine her reaction if you got the larger and much cooler SD8A840WA-HNF! :p
SD59225U-HNI is a great PTZ. I posted a video a few days ago. Obviously your wife missed the WAF comment in the video...
Hey @pinko I haven't dug into this PTZ yet - but, do I need to have a separate 16/2 wire run to this bad boy? or is it 100% POE?

Additionally - I'm reading about this thing, supposedly it's pretty loud? may be able to hear it inside house?

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Mines POE powered. The cable run is ~75ft back to switch.

also....

Funny you should mention that. After initial install, I could hear PTZ moving @ 20 meters on a quiet night. Noise was mostly caused by the way I mounted camera.
PTZ is mounted on RHS so sound travelled through entire shed framework. I don't hear much now with rubber backing :)

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Never heard of xxxxxxx I checked out their IP cams. That's 5 minutes I'll never get back. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well the install is finally done. Super slick. Very happy with the way it turned out.

however, I cannot figure out how to turn on the auto tracking for the PTZ. @pinko or @bigredfish can you assist?

Attachments