Help Surv Co Owner Design his home system?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Read instructions in the videos description
@Cameraguy my backend is different than yours. For example, once I go to settings tab - there is no PTZ.

there isn’t even a settings tab - it’s setup.

seems Dahua has updated this since you’ve done your video?

see attached photo for my screen.

Attachments

Last edited:

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Cameraguy my backend is different than yours. For example, once I go to settings tab - there is no PTZ.

there isn’t even a settings tab - it’s setup.

seems Dahua has updated this since you’ve done your video?
Additionally, @Cameraguy - I've been able to figure out most steps - but once I get to add a rule, intrusion - when I go to draw the rule, it will not allow me to draw on the screen.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns Do you have experience with these active deterrence cameras from Dahua? I have model IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV at the front door - and no matter what I do - once I turn a tripwire on to send me a push notification to my phone that someones at the front door - and someone crosses that tripline, it sounds the alarm. I can't even figure out where to turn the alarm on and off? I do not want the alarm - only the trip wire for push notifications.

when I try to log into each cameras IP address - it will not allow me. It will only allow me to login into the NVRs IP address through the chrome extension.

Last edited:

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to paint your cameras to match your house... It will help on the WAF issues

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns Do you have experience with these active deterrence cameras from Dahua? I have model IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV at the front door - and no matter what I do - once I turn a tripwire on to send me a push notification to my phone that someones at the front door - and someone crosses that tripline, it sounds the alarm. I can't even figure out where to turn the alarm on and off? I do not want the alarm - only the trip wire for push notifications.

when I try to log into each cameras IP address - it will not allow me. It will only allow me to login into the NVRs IP address through the chrome extension.
Again, you need to login directly through the cams own web gui.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I input the cameras IP address, it will not connect. Only the NVRs IP address will connect.
Using broswer, Log into the NVR via it's web interface. Open cam registration in the NVR, In the cam list, there should be an IE symbol in that list. Click it and it should connect to the cam directly in your broswer

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using broswer, Log into the NVR via it's web interface. Open cam registration in the NVR, In the cam list, there should be an IE symbol in that list. Click it and it should connect to the cam directly in your broswer
tried that. if I click that it does nothing.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
actually, take that back. If I click that IE symbol - this is where it takes me. If I click connect it does nothing.

Attachments