Help Surv Co Owner Design his home system?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok... I’m finally Getting there. Types the NVRs IP Address directly into IE tab. Went to the setup, image registration. Clicked the IE symbol - opened up a new tab for that camera.

But now it’s asking me to download another plugin that keeps throwing an error message. See photo.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Close the browser, go to windows start menu>all programs, scroll to the bottom of the list and see if there is a listing for WebPlugin, If so, click it and Uninstall.
Then go back and try it again to install.
Are we having fun yet? ;)

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Close the browser, go to windows start menu>all programs, scroll to the bottom of the list and see if there is a listing for WebPlugin, If so, click it and Uninstall.
Then go back and try it again to install.
Are we having fun yet? ;)
uninstalled. Went to open and reinstall - same error.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try Pale Moon 32bit browser.
Now we're cooking with gas! I can finally access the cameras.

OK... now I'm working with something here. Got PTZ to start auto tracking - but is kind of skipping around. @looney2ns @Cameraguy @bigredfish Any ideas on how to get it to track without skipping? See youtube video below. Also - I believe this should follow me as I step onto the porch? any idea how I do that?

Skipping PTZ Video - Youtube

Last edited:

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns Turned off the alarm on the active deterrence - set up a tripwire to turn on light... light works, but for some reason it will not send me push notification?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happy to announce that Most things are working well.

Got the alarm turned off. Push notifications are working. PTZ is auto tracking and not skipping.

Still haven’t figured out if I can get this PTZ to follow me back to my porch? Any ideas there?

also, having issues with this active deterrence cam - I can talk through it. But I’m not getting audio on my end from person on porch. Any ideas?

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@CastleSurveillance at your front door is that the Pro-AI Series Active Deterrence model with the LED light and the IR? If so did you get the 2mp or 5mp version? Do you have it set up to watch at night with the IR but on motion to activate the LED effectively giving you a nice colour shot at night (I am assuming it turns the IR off and turns the LED on).

The PTZ at the front does look cool. I like the look of the turrets wall mounted also.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@CastleSurveillance at your front door is that the Pro-AI Series Active Deterrence model with the LED light and the IR? If so did you get the 2mp or 5mp version? Do you have it set up to watch at night with the IR but on motion to activate the LED effectively giving you a nice colour shot at night (I am assuming it turns the IR off and turns the LED on).

The PTZ at the front does look cool. I like the look of the turrets wall mounted also.
its the 5mp version.

the light doesn’t turn off the IR I don’t believe (I have large lights on my front porch so it’s always in color) - it’s more so a nice way to remind someone if they didn’t notice the camera “hey, you’re being watched”

thanks, man - I’m really happy with the way things turned out. Still working out the bugs though. Can’t get audio from that deterrence camera - I can talk through it, but can’t hear. PTZ is interesting to work out the kinks too.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Logging directly into the camera via a web browser to the cameras IP address under CAMERA - AUDIO is the main stream enabled and the built in mic selected and not the line out as I notice on that camera it has the line in / out while also have the built in mic.

Also in your recording software double check your options there as well. I do not use Blue Iris but i know in Security Spy it gives me options there when setting up the camera as well. Can be easy to overlook one or the other.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 10.48.19 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-07 at 10.51.40 am.png

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Logging directly into the camera via a web browser to the cameras IP address under CAMERA - AUDIO is the main stream enabled and the built in mic selected and not the line out as I notice on that camera it has the line in / out while also have the built in mic.

Also in your recording software double check your options there as well. I do not use Blue Iris but i know in Security Spy it gives me options there when setting up the camera as well. Can be easy to overlook one or the other.

View attachment 50231View attachment 50232
That’s was it! Thank you! Audio in was on line in and I didn’t notice. Changed to mic and it works perfectly.